• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wantz optioned to make room for Canning

1 hour ago, Jason said:

So is Canning going into the rotation and Suarez to the pen? 

They have Suarez, Canning and Davidson probably doing for a 3-for-2 thing. They really can go start by start and decide who is pitching better, or just see who is available. 

FWIW, today Nevin said Canning and Suarez would both be in the rotation during their stretch of 18 straight games. I don’t see how he can know that before he’s even seen Canning pitch though. 

7 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

They have Suarez, Canning and Davidson probably doing for a 3-for-2 thing. They really can go start by start and decide who is pitching better, or just see who is available. 

FWIW, today Nevin said Canning and Suarez would both be in the rotation during their stretch of 18 straight games. I don’t see how he can know that before he’s even seen Canning pitch though. 

I think it's for Suarez saying he is still in rotation. Jeff, could Cabbage take place of Lamb on roster.

I don't know that Davidson would automatically get claimed, but maybe.

Canning I think is gonna get the 5th spot in the rotation going forward, if healthy and if he can perform. He's right handed and is a different profile from the other starters. He has several pitches. 

Davidson, Suarez, and Barria then are on the 3 for 1. 

Which makes one of them redundant. Guess which one I think it is.

Just think how much better this bullpen would look with a healthy Raisel at the back end. Angels probably would be 7-4 instead of 6-5, maybe even 8-3.

Edited by Hubs

Considering how long I've been following baseball, I really should have a better understanding of how the whole options / waivers / assignment system works.... but it's still pretty much over my head. I once tried to read some articles explaining all the particulars of the 40-man reserve roster vs the 25-man active roster and how to determine who has options remaining, etc... but my brain started to hurt before I could fully grasp it, and it's still mostly all Greek to me. 
Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

5 minutes ago, Kampy said:

Considering how long I've been following baseball, I really should have a better understanding of how the whole options / waivers / assignment system works.... but it's still pretty much over my head. I once tried to read some articles explaining all the particulars of the 40-man reserve roster vs the 25-man active roster and how to determine who has options remaining, etc... but my brain started to hurt before I could fully grasp it, and it's still mostly all Greek to me. 
Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/minor-league-options