• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lamb added to the roster, Marte to the 60-day IL, Walsh & Stassi 10-day IL, Canning and Rodriguez 15-day IL

43 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I thought that only worked with the 60 day IL for 40 man roster status. 

True, but Canning off the active roster avoids putting Davidson on waivers.

I think Marte to the 60-day cleared the spot to add Lamb to the 40, no?

Edited by Lazorko Saves

21 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

True, but Canning off the active roster avoids putting Davidson on waivers.

I think Marte to the 60-day cleared the spot to add Lamb to the 40, no?

Canning has an option. So they didn’t need to do this. 

I think maybe you can retro an IL whereas you can’t retro an option so this actually allows them to bring him back on 4/12, when optioning him didn’t. 

but I don’t believe that’s why they’re doing it. You need doctors to sign off on IL stuff. 

23 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

but I don’t believe that’s why they’re doing it. You need doctors to sign off on IL stuff. 

I don't think it'd be that hard to get a doctor to sign off on an IL stint for a guy who hasn't pitched in over 1.5 years.

and of course, they want you to not believe that's why they're doing it.

7 hours ago, Trendon said:

I don't think it'd be that hard to get a doctor to sign off on an IL stint for a guy who hasn't pitched in over 1.5 years.

and of course, they want you to not believe that's why they're doing it.

Except this injury wasn’t the reason he’s been out. It’s his groin, not his back. 

And after more conversations today I really don’t believe it’s fake. 

6 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Except this injury wasn’t the reason he’s been out. It’s his groin, not his back. 

How bad is the groin pull -- have they given any real timetable?  Also, has CRod been any worse off for the wear after his two days of pitching to live batters.

Thanks in advance.

14 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I guess we’ll see.

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

How bad is the groin pull -- have they given any real timetable?  Also, has CRod been any worse off for the wear after his two days of pitching to live batters.

Thanks in advance.

Right-hander Griffin Canning, who is on the injured list with a groin strain, is not expected to be out for long.

“It’s just a little tweak,” Nevin said, adding that “hopefully he’ll be ready in a short time.”

Canning is eligible to come off the injured list on April 11, which would actually make him a candidate to start on April 12. In order for that to happen, he’d likely need to be healthy enough to pitch in some kind of rehab game within a week.

Right-hander Chris Rodriguez, who was placed on the injured list because he’s still slowly recovering from 2021 shoulder surgery, is scheduled to face hitters in simulated games a couple more times before the Angels consider taking another step with him. …