• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Dodgers @ Angels (3/28/23): Detmers on the mound, still no Fletcher

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

My son used a gift card he got online with a $1.00 limit and signed for free trial of fubotv. the trial ran out but they haven't shut it down yet.

I used my Fubo free trial a couple years ago.  Ha ha.  No big deal.  It's just one game!  I appreciate the suggestions, though!

Whoa, I'm surprised that run on Ward's play actually should count:

http://www.stevetheump.com/scoring_runs.htm

Third: There can never be a force play when a fly ball is caught. Here is an example that is often called incorrectly. With runners on first and third with one out, the batter hits a fly ball to the outfield that is caught. The runner on third legally tags and scores, but the runner on first goes half-way and fails to tag. The outfielder throws to first and the throw beats the runner attempting to return to first. The run from third counts, since this is a time play and the run scored before the 3rd out was made at first. When the ball was caught in the outfield, the runner on first is not forced to second, but is free to return to the base. Since a tag at first is not required (the ball must only beat the runner to the bag and be in legal possession of a defensive player), many umpires incorrectly interpret this as a force play and do not score the run.