• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels option Adell, Moniak, and Velazquez, reassign Joyce, Bachman, and others

mmc

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Doing it this way for one year and then scrapping it if it doesn't work isn't fair but I think that's what will happen if the guys Perry picked have a bunch of bad seasons.  

Agreed.

In addition to all the obvious reasons why I want the Angels to win, this is another reason why I hope the Angels are successful this season.

7 hours ago, Trendon said:

Now that Arte isn’t selling the team, you gotta think Nevin’s seat gets very hot if the team struggles early.

I feel like that’s a huge potential storyline that could erupt during the season.

Wishfull thinking on your part maybe, but not going to happen.  Nevin will get a full season and the Halos will most likely win 85+.

We don't need manufactured drama this season.

16 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Wishfull thinking on your part maybe, but not going to happen.  Nevin will get a full season and the Halos will most likely win 85+.

We don't need manufactured drama this season.

How is that wishful thinking?

I hope the Angels have success under Nevin.

Or are you just putting words in my mouth?

5 minutes ago, Trendon said:

How is that wishful thinking?

I hope the Angels have success under Nevin.

Or are you just putting words in my mouth?

You're the one bringing the negative vibes before the season even starts.  "Hot seat", "Struggles early".... not many are in the mood for bad juju after a great spring. 

On 3/24/2023 at 6:45 PM, Blarg said:

They went 46-60 with Nevin as manager.

Edge: Lowell

That's a true statement.  You may even get away with it in your echo chamber.

What you left out (conveniently because it doesn't support your idiotic narrative) is that after trading Syndergaard and Iglesais, and missing Trout for 1/2 of August, the Halos played over .500 ball in Aug and Sept. with a lineup that had at least 3 AAA players getting  3-4 AB per game.

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

That's a true statement.  You may even get away with it in your echo chamber.

What you left out (conveniently because it doesn't support your idiotic narrative) is that after trading Syndergaard and Iglesais, and missing Trout for 1/2 of August, the Halos played over .500 ball in Aug and Sept. with a lineup that had at lease 3 AAA players getting 4 AB per game.

See post above this one. 

2 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

You're the one bringing the negative vibes before the season even starts.  "Hot seat", "Struggles early".... not many are in the mood for bad juju after a great spring. 

Wasn’t trying to being “negative vibes.” Just stating the reality of the situation, with him being on a 1-year deal and the “win now” mode the club is in.

You can try and paint me as someone who doesn’t like Nevin, but that’s not true. I think he’s a huge upgrade over Maddon.

10 hours ago, Trendon said:

The team is in “win this season” mode, so I don’t anticipate them riding things out with anyone if results aren’t up to par.

that's been their problem for 10 years or whatever.

say they're .500 or worse at some arbitrary point in the season and they fire nevin and maybe perry too? who takes their place and the angels suddenly become a playoff team during the season? 

there's been a few teams over the years that had a guy waiting for his opportunity, but do the angels even have a guy who remotely fits that bill?

they're ride or die this season with nevin and perry. regardless of how we feel about their qualifications.

8 hours ago, ukyah said:

that's been their problem for 10 years or whatever.

say they're .500 or worse at some arbitrary point in the season and they fire nevin and maybe perry too? who takes their place and the angels suddenly become a playoff team during the season? 

there's been a few teams over the years that had a guy waiting for his opportunity, but do the angels even have a guy who remotely fits that bill?

they're ride or die this season with nevin and perry. regardless of how we feel about their qualifications.

For whatever reason there are people who believe Benji Gill is ready. Maybe because of the WBC. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

For whatever reason there are people who believe Benji Gill is ready. Maybe because of the WBC. 

A team stacked with a ton of excellent arms will make anyone look good.  Exhibit A:  Joe Maddon.

Those TB teams were loaded with pitching and placed a premium on run prevention.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

A team stacked with a ton of excellent arms will make anyone look good.  Exhibit A:  Joe Maddon.

Those TB teams were loaded with pitching and placed a premium on run prevention.

As un-conventual as Maddon's roster configurations were in Tampa Bay it seemed like he went complete mad scientist in Chicago and then worse Anaheim with his reverse shifts. He was on to something early in his managerial career but got lost in the science. 

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

For those of you who watched the games this spring.

How did Adell look? Did he seem to have improved at all? I didn't catch any games, but don't remember hearing much good said about him this spring.

Which is pretty disappointing. Really starting to feel like he's never going to make it as anything special.

The offense was all over the place -- sometimes from at bat to at bat.  Defensively he wasn't a total disaster.  

13 hours ago, ukyah said:

They’re not making a change mid-season if they’re at .500.

My hypothetical is more like if it’s June and they’re playing .400 baseball despite being relatively healthy.

I’m not saying it is the smart or right move, just that it’s something that COULD happen IF they get to that point— which I hope they don’t.

20 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

For those of you who watched the games this spring.

How did Adell look? Did he seem to have improved at all? I didn't catch any games, but don't remember hearing much good said about him this spring.

Which is pretty disappointing. Really starting to feel like he's never going to make it as anything special.

Bat wasn’t good. Way too many K’s, as per usual.

The best thing I can say about his defense is it wasn’t noticeable— which means it was hugely improved.

Edited by Trendon

37 minutes ago, Trendon said:

They’re not making a change mid-season if they’re at .500.

My hypothetical is more like if it’s June and they’re playing .400 baseball despite being relatively healthy.

I’m not saying it is the smart or right move, just that it’s something that COULD happen IF they get to that point— which I hope they don’t.

If halos playing 400 in June, Minasian should be taking calls about Ohtani.

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

it's 100% because of the WBC and i thought of him when i posed that question. he's certainly the most likely guy, but what about him is new and different that he's going to turn a bad season around. it's just moving the pieces around the board. if nevin and perry "fail" and are fired it won't be because they're failures. it will be because carpino and moreno are failures and never learn. personally, as i've said to start this discussion i think that both perry and nevin are the right guys. i like perry's concepts and tactics and i think nevin is doing a good job in a limited sample so far of both continuing those concepts into the game and keeping the clubhouse old school.

Was really hoping to see Joyce make it.  Worried about our pen.   Would love to have that flamethrower as an option.  As a fan it’s exciting.

Moniak and Lamb had great springs.  I get keeping them down for reps I guess.  But sucks for them to get sent down without much else to prove 

Wouldn’t be surprised Joyce and maybe Bachman get called up at some point this year.  And maybe Moniak or Lamb.

Also hope Phillips proves us all wrong, including me, because he seemed like a steaming pile of too close to retirement this spring.