• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ken Rosenthal on the Angels next managerial search

mmc

13 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

So many pessimists on this forum.  Always with the negative vibes. Everyone playin it safe. Conservative.  Afraid to commit.   

Guys have been hurt so much over the years, they don't allow themselves to get their hopes up.   Really a pathetic way to go about your day.

I'm excited about the team breaking their streak of 4th place finishes.  

am I doing this right?

and whatever guy with 384 posts.  There are plenty of people here that are way more committed to their Angel fandom that 90+% of the fan population only to endure another losing season while this franchise continues to step on it's dick.  For the last 8 years, they've been filling one of our hands with hope and the other with shit.  Which hand is full right now.  

Another pathetic way to go through the day is spending 2920 of them trying to delude myself it's all just fine and dandy.  

All fans are used to being hurt.  how about some different hurt once in awhile like losing a playoff series instead of the pain associated with your favorite team having their head up their butts.  

Hell, meet me halfway and at least give me a little something like 82 wins.  

5 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

I'm excited about the team breaking their streak of 4th place finishes.  

am I doing this right?

and whatever guy with 384 posts.  There are plenty of people here that are way more committed to their Angel fandom that 90+% of the fan population only to endure another losing season while this franchise continues to step on it's dick.  For the last 8 years, they've been filling one of our hands with hope and the other with shit.  Which hand is full right now.  

Another pathetic way to go through the day is spending 2920 of them trying to delude myself it's all just fine and dandy.  

All fans are used to being hurt.  how about some different hurt once in awhile like losing a playoff series instead of the pain associated with your favorite team having their head up their butts.  

Hell, meet me halfway and at least give me a little something like 82 wins.  

Yes!  You did choose to start by finding a positive and building on it.   That is a step toward a winning attitude.  

But what is with the obsession with post counts and tenure on this forum? Is there some minimum number of years/posts that need to be logged here in order to have an opinion?

IMO RTPP ratio is the WAR of a message board. (Relevant take per post).

The fact that a members takes on Nevin went against the board consensus, but proved correct should be acknowledged, and celebrated, rather than being called 384 post guy.  

Would  the forum not embrace a dissenting voice even if said voice brought wisdom and challenged members to "do better"?  

So many posts that were "called out", have been proven flat out wrong either due to ignorance, doubling down on an agenda, or sheer stupidity.   

Each poster should be challenged  to bring their "A" game with each post.  Posting here for 20 years doesn't make one "infallible" and above reproach.   A healthy forum solicits and embraces  fresh takes. Even those that "push back" on the established board bullies.

The discussion around "breakout players" was educational and showed that maybe there is a good nucleus with the Angels to build on, and maybe only minimal tweaks are needed, rather than the 5 year massive rebuild suggested by the loudest voices  in July.   

The Angels now have a manager in '23.  We should turn that page and spend energy solving other relevant team issues.  Let's encourage ownership to sign Ohtani long term, get a closer that throws 100mph or has a K-Rod out pitch,  find a SS that can hit .300 and a left fielder good for 30 homers.  

We aren't that far off either as a team, or a forum. 

12 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Yes!  You did choose to start by finding a positive and building on it.   That is a step toward a winning attitude.  

But what is with the obsession with post counts and tenure on this forum? Is there some minimum number of years/posts that need to be logged here in order to have an opinion?

IMO RTPP ratio is the WAR of a message board. (Relevant take per post).

The fact that a members takes on Nevin went against the board consensus, but proved correct should be acknowledged, and celebrated, rather than being called 384 post guy.  

Would  the forum not embrace a dissenting voice even if said voice brought wisdom and challenged members to "do better"?  

So many posts that were "called out", have been proven flat out wrong either due to ignorance, doubling down on an agenda, or sheer stupidity.   

Each poster should be challenged  to bring their "A" game with each post.  Posting here for 20 years doesn't make one "infallible" and above reproach.   A healthy forum solicits and embraces  fresh takes. Even those that "push back" on the established board bullies.

The discussion around "breakout players" was educational and showed that maybe there is a good nucleus with the Angels to build on, and maybe only minimal tweaks are needed, rather than the 5 year massive rebuild suggested by the loudest voices  in July.   

The Angels now have a manager in '23.  We should turn that page and spend energy solving other relevant team issues.  Let's encourage ownership to sign Ohtani long term, get a closer that throws 100mph or has a K-Rod out pitch,  find a SS that can hit .300 and a left fielder good for 30 homers.  

We aren't that far off either as a team, or a forum. 

It’s possible we just think you are a dick based on your 385 posts. As one of the board certified dicks (bcd) here at AW I can speak as a position of authority on the subject.  
Also it wouldn’t surprise me if you’ve had accounts in the past. 

2 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

It's a soft indicator of commitment.  Doesn't mean you're not.  But to call into question people's commitment around here just because they're frustrated with 8 seasons of zero playoffs.  7 losing seasons in a row, and 4 in a row where we've had a winning pct. that equates to nearly 90 losses a season with a pattern of poor leadership and bad decision making.  

2 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Encourage ownership?  

We can't solve squat.  Part of the problem and why people have become disenfranchised.  And they don't need the fans solving the problems in the first place.  But how about they show us something to make us optimistic instead of continually doing shit the same way and expecting different results.