• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Lack of Production at the Bottom of the Order Encapsulated:

BTH

4 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Yeah - I think that actually creates an important cascade that leads to graphs like what we see.

With Trout and Rendon out, the lineup shifts around.  This team has been short on depth for awhile, and we have had to run guys out in the lineup that really shouldn't be in the MLB.  Rojas, Wade, Gosselin, etc..

Really, keeping our star players healthy will be the key to next year.  It should not be too hard to find serviceable depth options.  We can likely sign guys like Enrique Hernandez who will be fairly cheap and can be a much better option than the aforementioned players above.

He signed a 1-year, $10M extension last week, so he's neither available nor cheap.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

He signed a 1-year, $10M extension last week, so he's neither available nor cheap.

Ah my bad, I missed that one.  Well - I guess that's not cheap, but a 1 year, 10mil commitment isn't really terrible, especially for a player who plays good defense and can play 2B, 3B, and CF.  Any 1 year deal tends to look fairly favorable in that you can quickly move on if it isn't working out.

• 3 weeks later...

This is partly the reason that I have enjoyed the last few games.  The team has finally started to hit against the shift, getting base hits, and a few extra base hits, by going the other way, and hitting the ball where it is pitched.  

Now, if we could close the offensive black holes that are LF, C, 2B, and 3B, we may actually field a competitive team next season.