• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Astros @ Angels (9/2/22): Detmers on the mound, Thaiss at C, Aguilar in LF

jsnpritchett

12 men left on base. Not surprisingly.

I'm starting to worry about Trout. He isn't making good contact on pitches he used to crush. Two soft bloops tonight that will look good in the box score. But soft contact. And fast balls are blowing him away. His recent homers were on mistakes.  Probably too early to judge, but a possible preview of what kind of hitter he will be from now on. Dangerous at any given at bat, but not as consistent or intimidating. Just the natural career curve that hits all  veteran players in various degrees. 

3 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

I'm starting to worry about Trout. He isn't making good contact on pitches he used to crush. Two soft bloops tonight that will look good in the box score. But soft contact. And fast balls are blowing him away. His recent homers were on mistakes.  Probably too early to judge, but a possible preview of what kind of hitter he will be from now on. Dangerous at any given at bat, but not as consistent or intimidating. Just the natural career curve that hits all  veteran players in various degrees. 

He just turned 31. Shouldn't be happening already. He was on base three times at least.

7 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Might as well have left in Detmers to see what he can do with this mess. 

I hate the Asstros.

I like Detmers.

He was about to get rocked and it would have been a lot worse. He did not have his best stuff. 3rd time through the order, yowza, they weren't being fooled. Even the 2nd time through, they weren't being fooled...even though he squeaked out of it. It looked like Nevin even gave him a shot to make productive argument before he yanked him, and Detmers was pretty much silent. 

As much as it pains me to say it the Astros have legitimate professional Major League batters. You can see in their eyes before they even step up to the plate, they aren't scared, they want to beat the pitcher, they're hungry...and it's this way pretty much through the entire lineup.

I know we're not used to seeing that kind of thing because 5/9ths of our lineup consists of horseshit defensive at bats with guys who don't know how to swing and the contact they make barely gets the ball out of infield...so yea! It stings! 

But what we saw tonight is what good baseball players do when they have a bat in their hands and why the Astros continue to be in 1st place year after year (as much as they still are f***ing cheaters IMO).

Perhaps some fans on this board have become accustom to horeshit batting performances (Duffy, Adell, Velazquez, Stassi, Walsh, most recently Ward, the list goes on and on) but what we watch on a day to day basis is not acceptable on championship caliber ballclubs.

This is why I argue so hard against giving some of these bums "another 2 years" to "figure it out" because scouts said they "should be good." Astros bring up a prospect, and they flourish. 

Why? 

Perhaps sometimes it's forgotten how a well oiled offensive lineup should actually operate. The Astros have it down to a pretty fine art. 

4 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

I hate the Asstros.

I like Detmers.

He was about to get rocked and it would have been a lot worse. He did not have his best stuff. 3rd time through the order, yowza, they weren't being fooled. Even the 2nd time through, they weren't being fooled...even though he squeaked out of it. It looked like Nevin even gave him a shot to make productive argument before he yanked him, and Detmers was pretty much silent. 

As much as it pains me to say it the Astros have legitimate professional Major League batters. You can see in their eyes before they even step up to the plate, they aren't scared, they want to beat the pitcher, they're hungry...and it's this way pretty much through the entire lineup.

I know we're not used to seeing that kind of thing because 5/9ths of our lineup consists of horseshit defensive at bats with guys who don't know how to swing and the contact they make barely gets the ball out of infield...so yea! It stings! 

But what we saw tonight is what good baseball players do when they have a bat in their hands and why the Astros continue to be in 1st place year after year (as much as they still are f***ing cheaters IMO).

Perhaps some fans on this board have become accustom to horeshit batting performances (Duffy, Adell, Velazquez, Stassi, Walsh, most recently Ward, the list goes on and on) but what we watch on a day to day basis is not acceptable on championship caliber ballclubs.

This is why I argue so hard against giving some of these bums "another 2 years" to "figure it out" because scouts said they "should be good." Astros bring up a prospect, and they flourish. 

Why? 

Perhaps sometimes it's forgotten how a well oiled offensive lineup should actually operate. The Astros have it down to a pretty fine art. 

The Astros are always well prepared to play as a result of advanced scouting, excellent organizational pregame preparation, in game analytics to help players make adjustments and players who are willing to make adjustments.   It's sometimes as simple as that.

12 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

He didn’t get a rehab assignment coming back from the DL, hopefully just a little rusty.