• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

TV pros

Fixed it!!!!

Like I said, it was literally one random stupid as shit option I had to find and click "yes"

Called Sony and they remotely connected and fixed it in like 17 seconds.... (felt like an idiot)

Now?....

Now it's Friday. 

The dogs are fed and walked. The GF is in bed watching some stupid reality show.

And now me, and my neighbor (to a slightly lesser degree)(like very slightly) are watching Apollo 13 in full 4K glory, with full Dolby Atmos support....

I'm literally not sure if the actual rocket launch back then was this loud.

And I've played it on repeat about 7 times in a row.

51 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Fixed it!!!!

Like I said, it was literally one random stupid as shit option I had to find and click "yes"

Called Sony and they remotely connected and fixed it in like 17 seconds.... (felt like an idiot)

Now?....

Now it's Friday. 

The dogs are fed and walked. The GF is in bed watching some stupid reality show.

And now me, and my neighbor (to a slightly lesser degree)(like very slightly) are watching Apollo 13 in full 4K glory, with full Dolby Atmos support....

I'm literally not sure if the actual rocket launch back then was this loud.

And I've played it on repeat about 7 times in a row.

To be honest, with all the cool shit you do, it makes me feel better to know you’re basically retarded when it comes to setting up a tv.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

To be honest, with all the cool shit you do, it makes me feel better to know you’re basically retarded when it comes to setting up a tv.

That's putting it lightly

I've literally traveled the world.... done all sorts of crazy things that wow people when I tell a story....

And yet the concept of Bluetooth kicks my ass.

And I still don't know how to use the air fryer we bought.

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

That's putting it lightly

I've literally traveled the world.... done all sorts of crazy things that wow people when I tell a story....

And yet the concept of Bluetooth kicks my ass.

And I still don't know how to use the air fryer we bought.

Ya man… it’s great how life balances out.

I saw Randy Jackson at a club one time and took a picture of him when he wasn’t looking. More cool stuff…went to the beach last week, and for lunch today I heated up some pretty decent leftovers in the air fryer. Also my tv and surround sound has been working flawlessly since I set it up.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Somewhere, Louis Gossett, Jr. is vowing to come and kick your butt through his angry tears and clenched teeth.

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Ya man… it’s great how life balances out.

I saw Randy Jackson at a club one time and took a picture of him when he wasn’t looking. More cool stuff…went to the beach last week, and for lunch today I heated up some pretty decent leftovers in the air fryer. Also my tv and surround sound has been working flawlessly since I set it up.

You win this round.... but I'll be back!

Speaking of (pulls up Terminator on Vudu. Texts neighbor that it's gonna be a long night)

Anyone know how to dial.in their tv picture? I keep messing with settings and a movie looks great. Then I have to do it all.over again for the next movie.

By the way. The tv is great. The soundbar is INSANE. Part of it is that I'm going deaf. But the bass from the subwoofer makes such a huge ddifference.

8 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Anyone here good with surround sound stuff? Was looking at some wireless speakers to mount in the back or my room... anyone have experience? Is the quality decent enough?

The quality varies but typically you are looking for good sound quality from the main (soundbar) speakers. The surrounds are more for background sound.

Your soundbar likely has a wireless subwoofer. The wireless surrounds will essentially be added to the same private wireless network as the subwoofer. Whether or not they sound good depends on a few factors.

If you are watching a Dolby Digital 5.1 program which actually has discrete 5.1 channels, the surrounds will sound better than if you are watching a 2-channel stereo program and the soundbar has to generate virtual 5.1 channels. Usually there is some status indication on the soundbar that provides information on the audio format.

Aside from the content the sound quality depends on what surround processing they are doing in the DSP and of course the speaker itself. It also depends on the room, the placement of the speakers with respect to the seating position of the viewers, etc. There will also be adjustments to allow you to raise or lower the volume of the surrounds. Plus you have various sound modes such as Movie, Music, and All Stereo, all of which affect what sound is produced by the surround speakers.

I worked on the Polk soundbars with wireless SR2 surround speakers. Personally I never thought the surrounds are that great but I have had others tell me the wireless surrounds are their favorite feature of the soundbar. The Sony surrounds might be really good, I don't have experience with them.

The wireless surrounds are kind of an expensive option. I suggest you buy them and try them with a variety of content and if you don't like them you can always return them.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

The quality varies but typically you are looking for good sound quality from the main (soundbar) speakers. The surrounds are more for background sound.

Your soundbar likely has a wireless subwoofer. The wireless surrounds will essentially be added to the same private wireless network as the subwoofer. Whether or not they sound good depends on a few factors.

If you are watching a Dolby Digital 5.1 program which actually has discrete 5.1 channels, the surrounds will sound better than if you are watching a 2-channel stereo program and the soundbar has to generate virtual 5.1 channels. Usually there is some status indication on the soundbar that provides information on the audio format.

Aside from the content the sound quality depends on what surround processing they are doing in the DSP and of course the speaker itself. It also depends on the room, the placement of the speakers with respect to the seating position of the viewers, etc. There will also be adjustments to allow you to raise or lower the volume of the surrounds. Plus you have various sound modes such as Movie, Music, and All Stereo, all of which affect what sound is produced by the surround speakers.

I worked on the Polk soundbars with wireless SR2 surround speakers. Personally I never thought the surrounds are that great but I have had others tell me the wireless surrounds are their favorite feature of the soundbar. The Sony surrounds might be really good, I don't have experience with them.

The wireless surrounds are kind of an expensive option. I suggest you buy them and try them with a variety of content and if you don't like them you can always return them.

I looked it up w the soundbar I got (Sony HT-ST5000), and it says it doesn't support rear speakers. Am I kind of screwed? Or can I still get extra speakers, and connect them by wifi to the tv instead of the soundbar?

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I looked it up w the soundbar I got (Sony HT-ST5000), and it says it doesn't support rear speakers. Am I kind of screwed? Or can I still get extra speakers, and connect them by wifi to the tv instead of the soundbar?

Unlikely that the TV would support both a soundbar and a pair of external speakers. If the soundbar doesn't support the wireless surround speakers and that's something you really want, maybe you should consider exchanging the soundbar for a different model. 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Unlikely that the TV would support both a soundbar and a pair of external speakers. If the soundbar doesn't support the wireless surround speakers and that's something you really want, maybe you should consider exchanging the soundbar for a different model. 

Yeah.... I am.... grrr....

Problem is I got it open box, and got a phenom deal on it.

If I got a similar setup, plus the rear speakers, I'm looking at like 2K.... probably shouldn't be spending that right now. (Or ever to be honest)