• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Shohei be traded?

Will Shohei be traded?   

52 members have voted

1. 1. After reading his comments after last nights loss, do you think Shohei will be traded before this years trade deadline?

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't think that's it at all.

If Ohtani says he isn't going to sign here or that he 100% will test free agency, then trading him makes the most sense. You get value for him where you otherwise wouldn't. 

Exactly. If the Angels say they aren’t willing to pay him the big bucks if he wants to stay then I’d say they may want to rebuild 

3 hours ago, m0nkey said:

How many Baltimore home games have you watched?

Probably about 4 or 5 I don't watch the entire game, but I'll watch a couple innings of a game. Earlier this month was fun when they played Texas, Rays, and Stankees. 

I pretty much flip through all the games to listen to the different announcers, see the different players and home fields. Hell I've even watched 1 or 2 Pirates and Marlins games this year. But I generally stay away from the Tigers, Reds and Rockies because they blow, the Asstros because I can't stand watching them, and the Phillies because Bryce Harper is a cocksucker. 

6 hours ago, Second Base said:

The Padres are offering CJ Abrams, Adrian Morejon, Mackenzie Gore, Robert Hassell III and more for Juan Soto.

That's a franchise altering amount of talent, all of which is major league ready or will be soon, which removes the uncertainty. 

You're looking at a star starting SS, two major league ready lefties that project toward the middle or front of a rotation and one of the best OF prospects in baseball, that doesn't come with the red flags that Adell or Marsh had (that's not to say they both won't figure it out, but the learning curve being a steep one should've been foreseen). 

If anyone is offering that for Ohtani, then I hope the Angels make that trade, both for their sake and Ohtani's. 

Why haven't the Nationals accepted this offer?

Back on topic, I  do not see Ohtani leaving this season.  The Angels really need to have a better feel for the near future of one Michael Nelson Trout.

If Trout should have any indication of not being available to play next year, there is no way I could see the team giving up their major draw in Ohtani.

If Trout's near future is going to be DH, that makes Ohtani a better candidate to trade for the Angels.

38 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't think that's it at all.

If Ohtani says he isn't going to sign here or that he 100% will test free agency, then trading him makes the most sense. You get value for him where you otherwise wouldn't. 

I agree with that assertion.

I am just saying weay as well ask Trout if he wants to waive the no trade cla7se because if we ate trading Ohtani we are 3-4 Years before we can reasonably compete.  Trout will be on h8s later stages of his contract.

And I disagree with others that Trouts back injury makes him "damaged goods"

2023 is a BIG year for this club. Could potentially miss the playoffs and also let Ohtani walk away for nothing besides a compensation pick because he rejects the QO.

Will they, in one winter, develop the belief that they can be a great team? In one winter, fix their collective lousy attitude? In one winter, have someone actually step up and be a real leader of this team?

Doubt it.

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Good because it’s stupid. 

I tend to believe that the grass may be greener.  It’s naive to think to the contrary.  Is it unreasonable to state that other organizations are better run?  Obviously other teams win more. And is it unreasonable to assume some players would prefer better run, winning teams?

I fail to see how it’s stupid.  Other than it’s CaliAngel and you guys always give him shit.

Ohtani will definitely not get traded before the deadline. He is right up there in WAR with Judge and has the MVP vote from a lot of voters currently because he hasn't skipped much of a beat this season doing it from both sides. Offensively yeah a little bit, but his pitching is incredible. So potentially two AL MVP in a row if things play out the same rest of the way - Ohtani's trade value is so absolutely nuts at the moment that no team would really be smart to put together a good enough package for him. They only get one season+ of Ohtani.

A smart, forward looking team would be thinking long term about Ohtani. And be working on signing him immediately after a trade.

Not sure about the tampering rules but informal general discussions could have been carried on casually between parties on both sides. There always is a grapevine of gossip that sometimes plant the seeds for future actions. Lots of ways to disguise or hide such contact.

As well, even currently elite forward looking organizations know that there is always turnover everywhere in their organization. So while a team may be great now, they see projections of aging, salary demands, minor league infusion and so on. 

One philosophy I've seen repeated in various sports is to start to retool earlier than necessary rather than when past their peak. A delicate balance obviously. But with Ohtani signed long term a winning team insures two elite players in one. And subsequently may be able to put a tempting package together. 

Very doubtful that a blockbuster trade happens before this deadline. But in the off season, I think Ohtani will either sign a long term extension or be traded to a team that has already done all their due diligence. 

There's absolutely no hope for this season, & little hope for next. 

Mismanagement & disaster signings in the past have devastated this organizations.

Right now, his trade value is SKY HIGH, & recovery from the DISASTER this organization has become, may take YEARS.

His value is high, & he could command a plethora of players this organization desperately needs. 

Don't get me wrong.... I feel losing him is like losing Ryan when I was 17 or 18?

It PISSED me off then, & it PISSES me OFF NOW, the ineptitude this organization has become. 

Remember the days of talking shit on McCourt because HE was a fucking imbecile who ran the Dodgers into the ground?? 

Well......... Now, it's OUR TURN in that same fucking boat!

Anyone who thinks trading Ohtani equals wins is such a clown I just laugh at all of you armchair agent/gms with no lives. LOL. 

Ohtani is the holy grail. The Angels are extremely lucky to have him. You can’t make a trade that is worth his skill level. He brings too much to the table. 

The Angels are in great shape with Ohtani and Trout. They should be signing some more players who want to play with Ohtani and Trout, not trying to find their replacements.

They f$&ked this season up bad but they can reset and be a way better team in 2023.

21 minutes ago, BILLYMACREXANDGUBI said:

Anyone who thinks trading Ohtani equals wins is such a clown I just laugh at all of you armchair agent/gms with no lives. LOL. 

Ohtani is the holy grail. The Angels are extremely lucky to have him. You can’t make a trade that is worth his skill level. He brings too much to the table. 

The Angels are in great shape with Ohtani and Trout. They should be signing some more players who want to play with Ohtani and Trout, not trying to find their replacements.

They f$&ked this season up bad but they can reset and be a way better team in 2023.

You're doing it again. 

1 hour ago, BILLYMACREXANDGUBI said:

They had Ohtani and Trout playing together up until 2 weeks ago. And it wasn’t working. And that was with the starters being above average. And Ohtani at $3.5 million. You pay him $45 million and think you can build a better lineup? It’s just not going to work. And it’s not like Perry is dumb for trying—they were in first, and everyone rated their offense high going into the season. But guys got hurt, guys regressed, and there was nobody to step in. The Trout Ohtani thing hasn’t worked. It’s time to recognize that. 

9 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

They had Ohtani and Trout playing together up until 2 weeks ago. And it wasn’t working. And that was with the starters being above average. And Ohtani at $3.5 million. You pay him $45 million and think you can build a better lineup? It’s just not going to work. And it’s not like Perry is dumb for trying—they were in first, and everyone rated their offense high going into the season. But guys got hurt, guys regressed, and there was nobody to step in. The Trout Ohtani thing hasn’t worked. It’s time to recognize that. 

Umm they need to surround Trout/Ohtani with more talent. Simple as that. And it will work.

Just now, BILLYMACREXANDGUBI said:

Umm they need to surround Trout/Ohtani with more talent. Simple as that. And it will work.

I have no idea why Eppler and Perry hadn’t thought of that. But again it’s simple and shouldn’t even be hard when Shohei is making $40 million more than now.