• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

First 2 game winning streak in the post-Trout era

Even though it was the Royals, it's still promising to see some quality baseball played by the guys in the red uniforms.  The boys will need to learn how to win game without a usual MVP candidate in the line-up.  If you happen to have a beverage handy, I'd like to take this time to make a toast to one of the best baseball players to ever live.  Thank you, Mr. Trout for your service.  

1 minute ago, cals said:

They’ll win like 4 more in a row before the deadline and convince Moreno and Fatassian they should be buyers.

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

If halos sweep Texas could they become buyers?

And this guy.

Sometimes you get to a point in a season where the frustration of not contending wears off. And each game is just treated by itself without thinking backward or forward. One off entertainment diversions. 

I've been feeling like that recently. Especially with Trout out. Basically, just hoping the underdogs put together a good game and over achieve. If they lose, no surprise. If they win, the players get to feel good for a while and regain some self respect. And maybe some positives emerge. And a process of growth can take root.

For instance, Rengifo is becoming a solid regular. His on base streak deserves acknowledgement. The pitching in Kansas City the last two games was as good as one could hope for. Two shutouts and Ohtani not even on the mound. A few other scattered positives as well. 

It's not a matter of false optimism. More about objectively observing and looking for ways to justify the three to four hours of time spent watching.

MLB Extra Innings doesn't broadcast all Angel games, so there are gaps in the schedule where I'm not visually up to date. As well, they always go with the home team broadcasters. So when the Angels are on the road you hear the comments about them through outside eyes. That too broadens the perspective. 

3 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Sometimes you get to a point in a season where the frustration of not contending wears off. And each game is just treated by itself without thinking backward or forward. One off entertainment diversions. 

This is the way I’ve always treated sports watching. I still have favorite teams and I still want them to win but I consider it a bonus instead of treating each loss as a personal failure. That’s not a stress that I need 

8 hours ago, cals said:

They’ll win like 4 more in a row before the deadline and convince Moreno and Fatassian they should be buyers.

The Angels should be buyers regardless of the next few games. It simply changes what players they are shopping for.