• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Braves (7/23/2022)

10 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Oooh. Pretty spectacular play by Fletcher in the rehab start. Too bad the injury prevented that kind of thing a few months ago,

I’m not sure there is much that could help this team right now but if Fletcher reverts to his 2019/20 form, it would help some…the infield is pretty bad…

You missed a great Adell blooper, if you didn't see it you should check it out.

On a pop-up to shallow right, at the last second Adell called off Stefanic and he awkwardly tried to back hand it in to his glove but he misplayed it. The ball subsequently ricocheted off Adell between his right shoulder and upper right pectoral, Stefanic never taking his eye off the ball and being aware of his surroundings caught it on the rebound and almost made a double play out of it at second base but the baserunner just made it back.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Sorry guys I’m in ATL and was too busy to create one.

I don’t know but I wonder if at this point it is best to create a 2022 Gameday Thread for the rest of the season’s games. 

That makes more sense. Also, @jsnpritchett started a lot of game day threads and hasn’t been around much. Anyone hear from him?

11 minutes ago, Wisconsin27 said:

Will do. I lurk here multiple times daily, but am always a bit reluctant to post/create new stuff; a lot of regulars here I don't want to piss off!

I got your back.

Edited by T.G.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

But we all have to chip in and help create the GDT’s. If nobody sees one created an hour or so before game time go ahead and create one. 

I usually make them but had personal stuff earlier and honestly, aside from Ohtani pitching, I don't really look forward to any games. I do like to watch Sandoval pitch also but he was bad in his last start and and after last nights game, just decided to go other things tonight. Looks like he sucked again. Shark week starts tomorrow but I likely watch the morning game so I should be able to make a thread. They really don't deserve a gameday thread or us taking 3 hours out of our day to watch their so called baseball but I will make one for the last game in Atlanta.

Remember the 'good old days' with  Simmons and Fletcher up the middle and Upton and Calhoun in the corners? At the least they played at competent professional levels for their positions for a decent amount of time. 

Even with their flaws they brought more all around positives than their current replacements. And were able to play the bulk of the games when healthy Perhaps excluding Ward, though he is still a question mark. 

And the offense generated some excitement.

The replacements haven't surpassed those who came before. 

Not to mention the one constant, Trout, is older and less perfect. 

In fairness to Adell (I can hardly believe I'm saying this) it appears he took his eye off the ball, fearing an imminent collision with Stefanic. That's understandable. If anything, Stefanic should not have called for the ball as he was going backwards and Adell was coming in. That's Adell's ball. He pulled up fearing a collision.

Of course, Adell should have also taken charge and called off Stefanic but he didn't.

30 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

In fairness to Adell (I can hardly believe I'm saying this) it appears he took his eye off the ball, fearing an imminent collision with Stefanic. That's understandable. If anything, Stefanic should not have called for the ball as he was going backwards and Adell was coming in. That's Adell's ball. He pulled up fearing a collision.

Of course, Adell should have also taken charge and called off Stefanic but he didn't.

That's a logical explanation, but at this point in this team's performance most posters are trying to pitchfork whoever screws up.