• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout will not be ready to return when eligible to come off the IL

mmc

15 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Trout is easily my favorite player, but when can we schedule the vaginal reconstructive surgery? It’s difficult to understand how he’s constantly hurt for extended periods of time over seemingly random injuries. 

im going to venture to guess he has a Torn oblique and they are calling it a rib injury. Cortisone wouldn’t have been used for an injured rib. 

Trout is "officially" injury prone. I highly doubt he ever plays in 150 games in a season again. We'll be lucky if he consistently plays in 130-140.

I think sometimes it is genetic, sometimes it is training related. I've been saying for several years now that he should lift less weights and take up yoga. Yoga bodies don't get injured as much as weight-lifting bodies. And of course it doesn't have to be either/or.

He's already missed 18 games this year - that's almost 19% of the team's games. 

Edited by Angelsjunky

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Trout is "officially" injury prone. I highly doubt he ever plays in 150 games in a season again. We'll be lucky if he consistently plays in 130-140.

I think sometimes it is genetic, sometimes it is training related. I've been saying for several years now that he should lift less weights and take up yoga. Yoga bodies don't get injured as much as weight-lifting bodies. And of course it doesn't have to be either/or.

He's already missed 18 games this year - that's almost 19% of the team's games. 

I would imagine it’s training related. He’s bulked up so much that, like you said, he’s lost that flexibility. 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

What made Trout such a great hitter is his wonderfully compact and quick swing and his understanding of the hitting zone. He did not need to become the incredible hulk. His body is now breaking down from all the extreme workouts. It's sad.

This is what I said in a previous thread.  He's too muscular.  

At this point I wouldn’t hesitate to call him injury prone except it would probably hurt his feelings.

And we would all expect him to be upset for a couple of days, but somehow it would bother him for the rest of the season.

Edited by Dtwncbad

On 7/23/2022 at 2:26 PM, tdawg87 said:

He's done. 

There is absolutely no way he is done.  People also said that Kershaw was done, he is now as good as he ever was.  We aren't dealing with Pujols, Wells, Mathews here; Trout is special and he will fight back hard.