• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels select P Roman Phansalkar 208th overall in the 7th round of the 2022 MLB Draft

mmc

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Sidearm RP....   So, I guess they are in the 5K bonus to sign someone else portion of the draft.

That’s what I thought of the heavy guy too since he’s a senior.  But, didn’t MLB say that each pick is guaranteed a certain percentage  of slot value?

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

That’s what I thought of the heavy guy too since he’s a senior.  But, didn’t MLB say that each pick is guaranteed a certain percentage  of slot value?

Only change I'm aware of is that they removed the 20K cap for undrafted players and took it to 120K.   So unless something has changed, every slot has an assigned value through the first ten rounds, but teams didn't have to max out the slots.  The Angels have done a pretty decent job of spreading that money around since the Eppler days.

"The veteran reliever for the Cowboys was a reliable member of the team’s bullpen. In 29 relief appearances, Phansalkar went 6-3, 3.46. Known for his unusual movement on his 92-95 fastball, hitters hit a meek .222 against him as his fastball proved diabolical to square up. The redshirt junior compliments his fastball with an 82-86 mph slider and a 82-84 mph changeup that serves as a solid offering to lefthanded hitters. Phansalkar’s arsenal projects extremely well for the pro game versus wood bats. He profiles as an efficient middle relief arm."

15 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Only change I'm aware of is that they removed the 20K cap for undrafted players and took it to 120K.   So unless something has changed, every slot has an assigned value through the first ten rounds, but teams didn't have to max out the slots.  The Angels have done a pretty decent job of spreading that money around since the Eppler days.

You know of any tough signings that could slip past the 10th round we could be eyeing?

• mmc changed the title to Angels select P Roman Phansalkar 208th overall in the 7th round of the 2022 MLB Draft
19 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

"The veteran reliever for the Cowboys was a reliable member of the team’s bullpen. In 29 relief appearances, Phansalkar went 6-3, 3.46. Known for his unusual movement on his 92-95 fastball, hitters hit a meek .222 against him as his fastball proved diabolical to square up. The redshirt junior compliments his fastball with an 82-86 mph slider and a 82-84 mph changeup that serves as a solid offering to lefthanded hitters. Phansalkar’s arsenal projects extremely well for the pro game versus wood bats. He profiles as an efficient middle relief arm."

Sounds like a harder throwing Jimmy Herget?