• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One run games...

Deek

Apologies for not being as tech-savvy as many on the board, but I actually did spend some time trying to find the answer today and was unsuccessful...

Who leads MLB in one-run losses... I'll be shocked if we're not in the top 3... I can't remember an Angels squad that seemed to lose more of them...

25 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Haven’t found it yet.

I did see who has the most 1 run victories so far.

NYY have the best record at 18-8

Seattle is 18-12.

Toronto has the most wins (19-14 record).

Thanks AO… now I don’t feel so bad - LOL!

I think (if it’s as bad as I suspect) that it’s a noteworthy topic for discussion…

Imagine they go 11-12 in those games. You know, like a real team would. We're still in the WC hunt.

The team sucks but when you lose 1 run games like that it indicates a lot of shit luck. Just like the M's last year, though of course they're in the thick of things now because fuck this team.

46 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Imagine they go 11-12 in those games. You know, like a real team would. We're still in the WC hunt.

The team sucks but when you lose 1 run games like that it indicates a lot of shit luck. Just like the M's last year, though of course they're in the thick of things now because fuck this team.

personally, i think that an extremely poor record, such as ours, isn't a sign of bad lack. i think losses in 1 run games highlight a poor offensive approach, and at the very least, an inability to adjust to situations. close and late is a real thing across all sports.

3 minutes ago, ukyah said:

personally, i think that an extremely poor record, such as ours, isn't a sign of bad lack. i think losses in 1 run games highlight a poor offensive approach, and at the very least, an inability to adjust to situations. close and late is a real thing across all sports.

That's not wrong, but when you play a certain amount of 1-run games the law of averages starts to play a role. Like Seattle winning 40 1-run games or some shit last year. That's the opposite of our current situation. 1 run can be scored by errors and random chance. So it's why I say there's a bit of bad luck involved.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

That's not wrong, but when you play a certain amount of 1-run games the law of averages starts to play a role. Like Seattle winning 40 1-run games or some shit last year. That's the opposite of our current situation. 1 run can be scored by errors and random chance. So it's why I say there's a bit of bad luck involved.

true, but the law of averages depends on a crucial element, which is aligning with probability. without understanding the probability our thinking can slip from L.O.A. to the gamblers' fallacy. that's my point with the angels approach, i'm not entirely sure that they're unlucky in their record with 1 run games. i think their  approach lends itself to losing a lot of close games. i don't know for sure, but i suspect there's a lot of meat on that bone.

9 hours ago, ukyah said:

i think losses in 1 run games highlight a poor offensive approach, and at the very least, an inability to adjust to situations.

This is the teams achilles heel regardless of if we're in a 1 run game or not, and it explains a lot of the poor results we're seeing from our players in the batters box. 

Can anyone remember the last time we hit a sac fly with a runner on 3rd base?