• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is wrong with Mike Trout?

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

2nd worse slump of his career?

last 6 games: .046/.125/.046

1-22, 13 strikeouts.

Yup. Something is wrong with him. A lot of people here and fans in general just don't want to admit it. The season has already been very disappointing so their golden pony stinking up the joint is something they would rather just ignore.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

Yup. Something is wrong with him. A lot of people here and fans in general just don't want to admit it. The season has already been very disappointing so their golden pony stinking up the joint is something they would rather just ignore.

He's getting older and he's cheating to hit homers. Not necessarily surprising for a guy that's been in the league for a decade and has cemented his legacy (ala Pujols, Cabrera, and plenty of others). 

5 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

He's getting older and he's cheating to hit homers. Not necessarily surprising for a guy that's been in the league for a decade and has cemented his legacy (ala Pujols, Cabrera, and plenty of others). 

He’s not cheating to hit home runs. If he was he wouldn’t be behind the fastball. It’s a timing issue. 

Just now, Stradling said:

He’s not cheating to hit home runs. If he was he wouldn’t be behind the fastball. It’s a timing issue. 

Regardless, it's not surprising at all to see a lot of these players that have been crushing it since they were 20-22 hit a meaningful slowdown and wear down by the time they hit 30. Pujols, Cabrera, Stanton, Rizzo, Bryant, etc. Wouldn't surprise me if his current performance is the new normal

HOF star shortstop Ernie Banks spent two decades on horrible Cub teams but was always positive (let's play two). I'm sure he didn't like losing either. 

Different players react different ways. Maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing for Trout to explode, let out his frustrations and wake up the organization. And call a players only team meeting. Though it may be too little too late at this stage 

It's easy to sink into a state of complacency when things just are taken for granted. A publicly pissed off Trout can't hurt. 

16 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing for Trout to explode, let out his frustrations and wake up the organization.

Then people would really think there's something wrong with him.

Trout's struggling and he does seem somewhat nonchalant about it. I guess he figures it will all work itself out in time. If there were something physically wrong I think we would know.

The team isn't going anywhere so there's no sense in freaking out.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Trout's struggling and he does seem somewhat nonchalant about it. I guess he figures it will all work itself out in time. If there were something physically wrong I think we would know.

The team isn't going anywhere so there's no sense in freaking out.

Perhaps he subscribes to the theory of predestination.  In which case there would be no need to get worked up about it.

36 minutes ago, floplag said:

Frustration, irritation, i mean if you were him wouldnt you be fed up beyond beleif? 

If I were him I wouldn't have a care in the world.

He has a beautiful family, plenty of money, nice home, guaranteed paycheck, etc.