• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bodily Autonomy

Bodily autonomy  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Pro-choice, anti-mandate (I believe in bodily autonomy)
    • Anti-choice, anti-mandate (I'm a hypocrite)
    • Pro-choice, pro-mandate (I'm a hypocrite)
    • Anti-choice, pro-mandate (I'm an equal opportunity fascist)

Anti choice? I think this is the first time I’ve heard that one. I don’t care about the topic of abortion and I think it’s a state issue and I’m against vaccine mandates. I don’t see an option for me up there 

Edited by Jason

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Anti choice? I think this is the first time I’ve heard that one. I don’t care about the topic of abortion and I think it’s a state issue and I’m against vaccine mandates. I don’t see an option for me up there 

But, this poll is about the vaccine

9 hours ago, Jason said:

“Pro states rights” is just something morons say.  So if a state made jacking off illegal you’d be cool with it because it’s a state law?

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

I guess that just means I couldn't do it in public anymore 

I appreciate that you take my ribbing in stride, but please try to think critically about shit before letting words fall out of the hole in your face.

7 minutes ago, cals said:

I appreciate that you take my ribbing in stride, but please try to think critically about shit before letting words fall out of the hole in your face.

In all seriousness, not all state laws are good but that's when the people get to decide who they elect to write these stupid laws. If your legislature writes a bill banning jacking off, and you disagree with it, then there is the opportunity to elect someone else that will let you do it. Not all "rights" are constitutional and so they are left to the states to decide. That's the way our system was set up. I think allowing the people to have more of a say is a good thing. I know the Roe case being overturned is upsetting to a lot of people and their argument is valid but on the flip side, the argument that the SCOTUS overstepped their authority in the original decision is also valid.  It will be interesting to see if this ruling impacts elections in states like Alabama and Oklahoma that are planning on outlawing abortion all together. My guess is no though. 

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

In all seriousness, not all state laws are good but that's when the people get to decide who they elect to write these stupid laws. If your legislature writes a bill banning jacking off, and you disagree with it, then there is the opportunity to elect someone else that will let you do it. Not all "rights" are constitutional and so they are left to the states to decide. That's the way our system was set up. I think allowing the people to have more of a say is a good thing. I know the Roe case being overturned is upsetting to a lot of people and their argument is valid but on the flip side, the argument that the SCOTUS overstepped their authority in the original decision is also valid.  It will be interesting to see if this ruling impacts elections in states like Alabama and Oklahoma that are planning on outlawing abortion all together. My guess is no though. 

“States good, feds bad” is a brain dead right wing talking point and perhaps it made sense in 1776 but it’s likely going to lead to major issues going forward.  The same people flying the American flag and saying “best country in the world!” are also the ones that don’t have much respect for laws on a federal level which makes little sense.  Maybe fly the Kansas flag and say 70th best country in the world!  That would make more sense.

19 minutes ago, cals said:

“States good, feds bad” is a brain dead right wing talking point and perhaps it made sense in 1776 but it’s likely going to lead to major issues going forward.  The same people flying the American flag and saying “best country in the world!” are also the ones that don’t have much respect for laws on a federal level which makes little sense.  Maybe fly the Kansas flag and say 70th best country in the world!  That would make more sense.

This is a pointless argument. The 10th amendment spells it out and it isn't going to change in our lifetimes. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is a pointless argument. The 10th amendment spells it out and it isn't going to change in our lifetimes. 

You better hope the constitution says something against the forced institutionalization of those infirmed with the disease of retardation of the faculties.  But it probably doesn’t.  Because in 1776 they would have put such people in a basket and let them float down stream.  Because it was fucking 1776 you numbskull.