• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/21/22): Royals @ Angels

mmc

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I wish he was a bit more aggressive in making trades at the deadline during those playoff runs, but I'd gladly go back to that time since the seasons were at least enjoyable. Angels baseball hasn't been fun in years

We never really had superstars minus Guerrero but we were competitive. Now this franchise is nothing but a couple superstars on an uncompetitive team. 

17 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Angels gotta have one of the largest drop offs in quality among MLB teams once you get past their top 4 hitters. Speaks to how weak the org is and continues to be when it comes to overall talent and once again, depth.

YRvzpKm.jpg

They should mix up the line-up and instead of doing R-L-R-L they should do star-shit-star-shit.  It would be a lot more balanced.

This game could have moved the needle in a positive direction. Looking back, it may be the very game that will be seen as the decisive nail in the cofin for playoff hopes. Ohtani made the game memorable, but the final score will also be part of that memory. An individual game for the ages while the team falls apart at the seams.

Maybe a bit over dramatic, but all the elements were there for a big momentum shift. And a good chance to win the series. Sloppy as the game was, they had it within their grasp and gave it away.

Losing the series to a team twenty games under. 500 not even halfway through the season is demoralizing. Especially  starting a homestand and coming off a good road series. 

Just another incremental step backwards. The extreme swings between low and high scoring games continues. It's either good pitching and poor hitting or the reverse. But winning either way is still a struggle. 

Can’t anybody in this joke of a pen pitch, other than Iglesias????

Thanks for ruining Ohtani’s big game!

But as seen in the tenth, nothing exists in spots 5-9 in the order.

Again, why is Lagares even here?  What does he supply that Adell can’t?

And now, 3-5 AT HOME vs three of the worst teams in MLB (O’s, Nats, Royals), and just one walkoff away from ALL 3 being series losses 

Edited by Angel Oracle

8 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

This game could have moved the needle in a positive direction. Looking back, it may be the very game that will be seen as the decisive nail in the cofin for playoff hopes. Ohtani made the game memorable, but the final score will also be part of that memory. An individual game for the ages while the team falls apart at the seams.

Maybe a bit over dramatic, but all the elements were there for a big momentum shift. And a good chance to win the series. Sloppy as the game was, they had it within their grasp and gave it away.

Losing the series to a team twenty games under. 500 not even halfway through the season is demoralizing. Especially  starting a homestand and coming off a good road series. 

Just another incremental step backwards. The extreme swings between low and high scoring games continues. It's either good pitching and poor hitting or the reverse. But winning either way is still a struggle. 

This is why it made NO SENSE to not send Iglesias out there for a second inning of pitching in the 11th after we tied the game in the 9th and he only threw 10 pitches for 3 outs in the 10th, in which none of the Royals got the ball past the pitchers mound.

This FELT like a "must win" game, ESPECIALLY after Ohtani's 2nd 3-run moon-shot to tie it in the 9th. And in a "must win" game you have got to put the best of what you got out there to hold the lead. You've got to. Iglesias was the best of what we had in that situation. As soon as we saw Quijada on the mound everyone on this board had a collective moan, we wondered why the hell Iglesias wasn't out there, and we all knew what was inevitably going to happen. 

This game was literally lost by a shitty call to the bullpen when we didn't need it. There was no reason. If I were a player in that clubhouse I would be absolutely livid. 

Flush a huge moral victory and offensive pick-me up down the toilet because some asshole won't throw a closer out there for more than 10 pitches. 

So very disappointing. 

Quijada has been much better this year than Iglesias.  Remember the narrative is that Perry sucks and one of the reasons he sucks is because Iglesias was a horrible signing.  This was the first run that Quijada has allowed since May 29th.  He had pitched 7 consecutive outings without giving up a run.  

10 hours ago, Ragnar Smith said:

Why can't they ever bunt a runner over to third when they have a runner on 2 nd and no outs? It's called manufacturing a run. It wins games. 

I was unable to watch the game but thought the sane thing when I saw the box score and recap.

This is the second time the Angels had the winning run on second and no outs.  I understand the argument that bunting the runner over kills a big inning.  However the run that mattered was already on second base.  Bunt the runner over and win the game without a hit. 

There never should have been an 11th inning.

This is the second time this year with two different managers.  This has to be a front office call!

Edited by stormngt

11 hours ago, TrumBomb said:

Trout stays not clutch

11 hours ago, Mark68 said:

Unclutch Trout

11 hours ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Trout fail. Again.

11 hours ago, TooCool said:

Trout skus. Alright Ohtani!!! Let's do it!!

11 hours ago, WeaverFever said:

I have no faith in Trout to come up big in clutch moments. Yes, I know what he did last week.

@tdawg87 I agree