• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Blue Jays @ Angels (5/29/22): Sandoval on the mound, Ward back in RF

52 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Really though, how does an entire bullpen adopt a mentality that they can't hold a lead? Ortega, Tepera, Loup, Quijada, Barraclough, and Iglesias were all completely awful the last 3 days. I'm not even sure how that's possible. They were the worst they've been all year at throwing strikes and pitch location on 2-strike counts. How is it even possible that they all were that bad in the span of 3 days? You'd think at least one guy would have confidence. 

According to Lou, and the unwritten rules on this board, apparently, their job is not to throw strikes.

*shrugs*

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

According to Lou, and the unwritten rules on this board, apparently, their job is not to throw strikes.

*shrugs*

It's to get outs you F'n dumbass. Every time you post you expose your idiocy. 

13 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Yeah and you get outs by throwing strikes, not by walking runners with the bases loaded.

Unreal.

Not always. A lot of outs are the result of balls out of the strike zone. Yes, some outs (not all) are a result of balls thrown in the strike zone. 

You are of the belief that the pitcher's job is to throw strikes. 

Mine is that it is to get batters out, regardless of where the pitch is located. 

In your argument, if the ball is pitched over the plate and the batter hits it out, the pitcher has done his job. You also believe that if the ball is out of the strike zone and the batter swings and misses and it results in an out, the pitcher hasn't done his job.

Nobody else agrees with you. 

That is why you're a dumbass. 

38 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

My main concern is Maddon and maybe Perry thinks this will just work itself out and it doesn't. Can't really afford to take the risk with such a good offense. Not much you can do with Tepera, Loup, and Bradley. But Quijada? Barraclough? Send them down. Send a message that if you don't perform you're out. Reyes, Wantz, Warren are all ready and waiting. Murphy down in AA looks possible as well. This is the year to make it happen, not to let guys figure it out. 

I'd kill to get CRod back in August-September. A true shutdown guy. Maybe they trade for a really good reliever?

This is more of an eye test than stats-based, but I think the pen is overstaffed. It felt like we were playing Loup 4 days in this week when he and Tepera were effective playing once per series. Syndergaard's 0.2 IP meltdown threw a wrench in our pen rotation and it got worst with the subsequent meh-to-bad performances. I would go the other route, the route we all know very well: trade for a SP. It would be thrilling to get an ace like Montas or Castillo, but I think we just need a decent SP3-4 here. Mahle, Smyly, Keller, hell see if the Cubs are regretting the Stroman contract. We have the infield for him now with Velasquez. Get a mid of the rotation guy and let us roll a Ohtani - Thor - Sandoval - X - Lorenzen - Detmers rotation. This would give us at the pen:

* Three guys that can give us 3 IP without delivering meltdowns: Barria, Suarez, Junk;

* Three guys that can go 3 IP if needed and can be mop-up in the 6th and roll until Raisel comes: Bradley, Herget, Warren;

* Two young arms that can spot start and deliver performances: Diaz and Silseth;

* Three guys that must play elite set-up when the starters manage to go deep: Loup, Tepera, Ortega;

* Innings eaters scattered.

We have a decent pen. Not lights-out, but it isn't the Guerra-led crew that is currently showing up. Maddon needs to be more methodic here and play specific set-ups, which he could with another starter that ends the revolving door the demotion of Suarez brought. Loup and Tepera simply cannot play more than 1 game every 5 days. It is ideal? No, but we have evidence that their efficiency vanishes when being put in multiple high-stake situations in the same week. Keep Barria, Suarez and Junk ready when a SP melts down (this happens with everyone at one point) and restrict the pen to specific situations. Stop putting Loup in the 5th inning on monday, in the 7th on wednesday and to get the save on a friday. He's either a 7th or 8th inning guy, play him in that role. Have Bradley, Herget and Warren ready to play 2, 2.2 IP and then allow your setup man to step in the mound. Ortega can also play closing duties, use that to give Raisel a spell. Of course our pen would benefit with another good arm, but I think we would be much better by having another starter and giving our relievers specific roles within the game. Have Diaz and Silseth crisp for when a starter is injured, keep our long relievers ready for another Syndergaard at Arlington special and please, PLEASE, keep the other relievers to their tasks. Play efficient pitching, just like we were in the 1st month. We don't need a Brewers shutdown mound, we just need efficiency. 

Oh, and definitely grab an infield impact bat. Rengifo improved a lot and Wade is a gimmick show, but we need an ironclad lineup. Velasquez already gives us elite defense, so give the call to Boston to enquire about a Bogaerts rental. Brendan Rodgers, Kyle Farmer, grab someone that can bat at least .250. If a trade cannot happen, at least call Stefanic. Velasquez can play D, we need hitting and Stefanic showed he can provide that. 

14 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

Imagine being incapable of composing a complete thought.   Who and what are you referring to?  I know that's asking a lot of drive-by posters.

You're doing it again.

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I left in the 7th because my son shit himself. What did I miss? On a side note, my daughter had to have a rally monkey…why the hell are they $36 now!? Good god 

Nice! Your boy learning how to use whatever means necessary to escape horrible events he doesn't want to be at. 

51 minutes ago, Lou said:

Not always. A lot of outs are the result of balls out of the strike zone. Yes, some outs (not all) are a result of balls thrown in the strike zone. 

You are of the belief that the pitcher's job is to throw strikes. 

Mine is that it is to get batters out, regardless of where the pitch is located. 

In your argument, if the ball is pitched over the plate and the batter hits it out, the pitcher has done his job. You also believe that if the ball is out of the strike zone and the batter swings and misses and it results in an out, the pitcher hasn't done his job.

Nobody else agrees with you. 

That is why you're a dumbass. 

The semantics here are unbelievably moronic.

The doubling down by typing it out with some kind of egregious authority even though I'm right is downright embarrassing. Pitiful.

The fact that you feel the need to say what we all know is assinine.

Your relentless repetitive mob mentality schtick is played. Get over yourself. Seriously. Either that or grow up Loo. Shits super lame.