• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Rays @ Angels (5/10/22): Detmers on the mound, Ward still out

10 hours ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Leading the majors in OPS (Ward not qualified at the moment). Machado is in second with a 1.084 OPS almost .100 behind Trout.

Translation: Trout is still easily the best player in the game when he's healthy. Please please stay healthy.

Emphasis on "please". I might even take to praying about it.

At the age of 30 he's just coming into his best years of production. This will be so much fun to watch.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

@PattyD22, @failos were you able to meet up with @HaloSpurs last night? 

Sorry both got caught up in it all yesterday and didn’t check this. What an amazing game and experience this has all been. Going this afternoon and heading straight to LAX from the stadium 

2 minutes ago, HaloSpurs said:

Sorry both got caught up in it all yesterday and didn’t check this. What an amazing game and experience this has all been. Going this afternoon and heading straight to LAX from the stadium 

Sorry to have missed you @HaloSpurs.  Have a safe trip home.  The team is going to miss you.

Last night every Angels starter had a hit and every one of them scored a run. Rengifo and Velazquez shared 5 hits, both had a run scored and Velazquez added an RBI. It's a damn good game when the 8th and 9th hitters are contributing.

15 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Embarrassed to say I left after 3. Pregnant wife and sick dog. Our text conversation:

"Leaving now."
"Already?"
"Yeah. They scored 5, and I saw a Trout home run. Got my bobblehead so I'm good." 

Seriously...

Halo.jpg

Yikes @ThisismineScios.  Pregnant wife, meh.  Not good enough.

Sick dog?  OK, that works.

7 hours ago, Jay said:

That was quite something especially the left-handed HR by Rendon.

I was watching it on tv w no sound, so unfortunately I missed a lot of it. (Was at a bar, trying to hook my buddy up w the bartender, so the game was kind of secondary)

I came back from the bathroom and my buddy tells me Detmers is working a no hitter.

"Right on!" (Then went back to lame pick up lines w the chick w huge boobs and an even bigger wedding ring).

Then suddenly (and Im a few beers in) I notice Rendon is at the plate lefty.

I get super confused... wondering if this whole time I never realized it, and mention it to my buddy. 

He ignores me, and keeps flirting w giant rack Stephanie.

Rendon goes yard, and nobody at the bar really realizes it, and I have no clue what Im watching.... 

I feel robbed.

Then today I keep rewatching it.

The Detmers no hitter is obviously a way bigger deal. And Trout hit 2 (whole offense clicked).

But that one by Rendon is something everyone is going to remember for years.

Would make a cool bobblehead if the Angels were in to bobbleheads.

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I was watching it on tv w no sound, so unfortunately I missed a lot of it. (Was at a bar, trying to hook my buddy up w the bartender, so the game was kind of secondary)

I came back from the bathroom and my buddy tells me Detmers is working a no hitter.

"Right on!" (Then went back to lame pick up lines w the chick w huge boobs and an even bigger wedding ring).

Then suddenly (and Im a few beers in) I notice Rendon is at the plate lefty.

I get super confused... wondering if this whole time I never realized it, and mention it to my buddy. 

He ignores me, and keeps flirting w giant rack Stephanie.

Rendon goes yard, and nobody at the bar really realizes it, and I have no clue what Im watching.... 

I feel robbed.

Then today I keep rewatching it.

The Detmers no hitter is obviously a way bigger deal. And Trout hit 2 (whole offense clicked).

But that one by Rendon is something everyone is going to remember for years.

Would make a cool bobblehead if the Angels were in to bobbleheads.

Last night was a bobblehead night. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Last night was a bobblehead night. 

Yeah, I know (I dont collect them but would be cool)

But every year they do a Trout one (and now Ohtani). Other teams seem to do 50 a year.

I only know this because I seemingly end up on bobblehead night for road games Ive been to, where its a seriously random guy from 20 years ago. For some random event.