• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

OTL not ideal, but better than the regulation win we had in store with the 4-2 lead in the 3rd. 

0-9-2 in our last 11, can't ask for more wrt a tank than that. I figured we'd luck out and win the Yotes game outright, so 2 points between that and Avs is reasonable.

I think we lose out the rest of the games and just hope for hawks and CBJ win at least one. We have the tie-break so we'd claim the top-loser spot.

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

OTL not ideal, but better than the regulation win we had in store with the 4-2 lead in the 3rd. 

0-9-2 in our last 11, can't ask for more wrt a tank than that. I figured we'd luck out and win the Yotes game outright, so 2 points between that and Avs is reasonable.

I think we lose out the rest of the games and just hope for hawks and CBJ win at least one. We have the tie-break so we'd claim the top-loser spot.

I'm not quiet as optimistic. I think we have a decent chance of staying behind SJ. We just need that one regulation loss.

Two losses gives us a chance at #2 I would guess. Out of 6 games, I think there's a chance of Chicago or Columbus winning a game.

#1 looks really remote to me at this point. Only three games left, I don't see either winning a game and especially not both.

Actually, at this point, I think Chicago is our best shot to pass us. I just don't see Toews tanking, and thus, the team behind him. But Minnesota - no; Pittsburgh - no; Philly - maybe.

I'm hoping for 2; will be happy with 3; and just flinching that no more than one team will jump us in the lottery.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

@deepdrive  Helleson played last night.  I didn't really see or hear much of him in the game (granted I was listening to the game in French).  Did you get any impression?  Of course with how bad our defense has been, maybe no impression is a really good thing.

I watched the game, but not very closely. Didn't even notice Helleson until they showed him on the bench. No opinion at this point.

Maybe, they will pair him with Jackson the last two games. Play them 20-25 min. and see how bad it can go.

5 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I watched the game, but not very closely. Didn't even notice Helleson until they showed him on the bench. No opinion at this point.

Maybe, they will pair him with Jackson the last two games. Play them 20-25 min. and see how bad it can go.

I'm joking. They wouldn't do that to those guys. Now Ek...

50 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I'm not quiet as optimistic. I think we have a decent chance of staying behind SJ. We just need that one regulation loss.

Two losses gives us a chance at #2 I would guess. Out of 6 games, I think there's a chance of Chicago or Columbus winning a game.

#1 looks really remote to me at this point. Only three games left, I don't see either winning a game and especially not both.

Actually, at this point, I think Chicago is our best shot to pass us. I just don't see Toews tanking, and thus, the team behind him. But Minnesota - no; Pittsburgh - no; Philly - maybe.

I'm hoping for 2; will be happy with 3; and just flinching that no more than one team will jump us in the lottery.

Also remember, that if, and that's a big if, we lose the last two games.   We just need Chicago and Columbus winning one game each, as we own the tiebreaker.  I can see them doing that.

Ducks

• Vancouver
  • Kings

San Jose

• @ Winnipeg
  • @ Calgary
  • @ Edmonton

Chicago

• Minnesota
  • @ Pittsburgh
  • Philly

Columbus

• @ Philly
  • Pittsburgh
  • Buffalo

Yep exactly. All we can do is hope to lose out, and they each somehow get 2 pts over their final 3 games.

But I don't see us getting loser-hopped by SJ - we'd need to go on a winning streak. 

Who knows though. But man us bottom 4 are TERRIBLE.

Anyways watch Oilers / SJ? The Oilers looked awful, if I didn't know better I'd assume they were a fringe team. I don't see them doing much playoff damage other than what McDavid and Drai do. 

good job Ducks.  Exciting game.  But a regulation L.  

I do like what I saw from Helleson and LaCombe.  They may make a lot of people expendable in the offseason.  LaCombe being a big boy helps too.  And still like what I see from Nesterenko.  

@deepdrive What did you think of the Fowler/Benoit combo?  Two left handed shots.  But they didn't look bad.  

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

good job Ducks.  Exciting game.  But a regulation L.  

I do like what I saw from Helleson and LaCombe.  They may make a lot of people expendable in the offseason.  LaCombe being a big boy helps too.  And still like what I see from Nesterenko.  

@deepdrive What did you think of the Fowler/Benoit combo?  Two left handed shots.  But they didn't look bad.  

Umm... I was too busy rooting Vancouver on to notice.

Well, that guarantees us no worse than 3. It was a good day for a Ducks fan.

BTW.  If I'm reading the standings right.

Ducks vs Kings

Vegas @ Seattle

Kings have a 2 point advantage on the Kraken.  But Kraken have 37 regulation wins, Kings have 36 regulation wins.  If the Ducks beat the Kings, and Seattle beats Vegas, means the Kings would have to face either the Winner of the Central or Winner of the West.  

In other words, zero chance the Kings take the game off.