• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Looking at the games remaining the race for Beddard.  Man, San Jose is going to play a huge role in the wildcard.  They could sink Winnepeg and Calgary and help Nashville, or give a leg up to one of those teams.  They could even prevent Edmonton from capturing the west.  In other words, they are actually going to be playing meaningful games in 4 of their last 5 games.

16 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

4 games remaining.  We have guaranteed a finish no lower than 3rd.  So we'll pick 5th in the draft atm.  

I assume you mean 3rd from the bottom. I'm not sure how you are getting there. It seems unlikely we finish with more points than SJ, but it's possible. They have 60 points and the Ducks have 56. If Anaheim wins out, they finish with 64. So they could finish 4th from the bottom and get the 6th pick. Am I missing something?

1 minute ago, eaterfan said:

I assume you mean 3rd from the bottom. I'm not sure how you are getting there. It seems unlikely we finish with more points than SJ, but it's possible. They have 60 points and the Ducks have 56. If Anaheim wins out, they finish with 64. So they could finish 4th from the bottom and get the 6th pick. Am I missing something?

Oops.  I was looking at the conference standings, and not leaguewide.  Damn Columbus.  

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Oops.  I was looking at the conference standings, and not leaguewide.  Damn Columbus.  

Hopefully, we lose in regulation on Saturday. That's going to be the biggest game of the season and do a lot to determine the draft order. I don't think any of the teams we are competing against take any more points.

Luckily, with the tie breakers the Ducks can win against Arizona and Vancouver and still be ahead of the Sharks in the lottery odds. That point they picked up against Colorado looms large. 

I'd love to finish dead last because a top 3 choice is guaranteed. The Ducks will at least have the choice between Mitchkov and Carlson and get to decide for themselves if they want to take the risk on Mitchkov coming over (and the time it will take to get him in the system). 4th wouldn't be terrible since you get at least one of those guys. 5th is a tier down, from what I've heard. I don't profess to be an expert on amateur hockey scout or have original talent evaluation. 

23 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

The Ducks recall Eriksson Ek. Hmm...

I thought it was odd that Gibswim didn't start last night.  We have the back to back this weekend, so maybe they are going to throw Ek out there as a goodbye present.

58 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Looking at the games remaining the race for Beddard.  Man, San Jose is going to play a huge role in the wildcard.  They could sink Winnepeg and Calgary and help Nashville, or give a leg up to one of those teams.  They could even prevent Edmonton from capturing the west.  In other words, they are actually going to be playing meaningful games in 4 of their last 5 games.

San Jose played hard against the Avalanche on Tuesday and were super aggressive and that got the 2 goals in the 3rd to force OT. They were a friggin disaster in OT but they really went all out for it

26 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Hopefully, we lose in regulation on Saturday. That's going to be the biggest game of the season and do a lot to determine the draft order. I don't think any of the teams we are competing against take any more points.

Luckily, with the tie breakers the Ducks can win against Arizona and Vancouver and still be ahead of the Sharks in the lottery odds. That point they picked up against Colorado looms large. 

I'd love to finish dead last because a top 3 choice is guaranteed. The Ducks will at least have the choice between Mitchkov and Carlson and get to decide for themselves if they want to take the risk on Mitchkov coming over (and the time it will take to get him in the system). 4th wouldn't be terrible since you get at least one of those guys. 5th is a tier down, from what I've heard. I don't profess to be an expert on amateur hockey scout or have original talent evaluation. 

Yeah, it does sound like the top 4 are set.  After that, it comes down to who people like the best.  So if we finish last 2, we should be set.  Although with our makeup, I hope we don't get Mitchkov.  He may be a stud on Beddard's level.  But he's 3 years away, and really the Ducks should be next year (possible playoffs) to the year after away from being competitive.  

6 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

San Jose played hard against the Avalanche on Tuesday and were super aggressive and that got the 2 goals in the 3rd to force OT. They were a friggin disaster in OT but they really went all out for it

Just noticed that the Lanche, Stars, and Wild are all tied for the Central.  

Man that means the Sharks have a big say in how the playoffs develop in each of their last 5 games.  

38 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Just noticed that the Lanche, Stars, and Wild are all tied for the Central.  

Man that means the Sharks have a big say in how the playoffs develop in each of their last 5 games.  

Avs have a game in hand thanks to the pipe burst in Nashville. Winner of the division gets Seattle while the other two battle it out

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I thought it was odd that Gibswim didn't start last night.  We have the back to back this weekend, so maybe they are going to throw Ek out there as a goodbye present.

Having him start against AZ would be a way to try to lose. The back to back (especially with night 2 at altitude) gives them an excuse to play him and have a whiff of plausible deniability. 

45 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Having him start against AZ would be a way to try to lose. The back to back (especially with night 2 at altitude) gives them an excuse to play him and have a whiff of plausible deniability. 

The Colorado game is in Anaheim.

Going to Arizona is just a fake road trip.

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

2pm Minnesota (Jackson LaCombe) plays it's semi-final game against Boston U in the Frozen Four.

Final is on Saturday. So, LaCombe could theoretically get the last three games of the season in.

It would be nice to see what we have in LaCombe.  Hopefully he's big and isn't afraid to hit.  We need size on D desperately.  Benoit is the only one that throws his body around.  The rest are allergic.

8 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Ducks hold serve nicely last night with a regulation loss. 4 games left for us, 5 for the other 3 losers.

Mathematically we're a lock for bottom 4 spot (and thus top 6 pick).

Hopefully the other losers keep pulling in points and we keep bringing in Ls.

Well, in the early game, Columbus got taken to the woodshed by the Devils.  Let's hope Chicago and the Sharks fare better.

In actual playoff news, Pittsburgh says they aren't done.  Florida is holding serve.  

6 hours ago, deepdrive said:

2pm Minnesota (Jackson LaCombe) plays it's semi-final game against Boston U in the Frozen Four.

Final is on Saturday. So, LaCombe could theoretically get the last three games of the season in.

Minnesota won.  So at least there is one Duck that will experience championship hockey this season.  

2 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Yeah, so when do you think his first game in Anaheim will be?

I would guess Tuesday.  Sunday just seems to be too quick a turnaround.  But who knows, maybe he's excited to start his pro career and will be here on Sunday.