• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

BTW.  If I'm reading the standings right.

Ducks vs Kings

Vegas @ Seattle

Kings have a 2 point advantage on the Kraken.  But Kraken have 37 regulation wins, Kings have 36 regulation wins.  If the Ducks beat the Kings, and Seattle beats Vegas, means the Kings would have to face either the Winner of the Central or Winner of the West.  

In other words, zero chance the Kings take the game off.  

And it just keeps getting better.

I just looked at the standings. The Kings play Edmonton if they win. They could play Vegas if they lose. I don't think they want to play Edmonton in the first round. Or in other words, I don't see an incentive to win. 

That being said though, they would probably have to beat both to get to the Conference Finals. So, I don't see the standings factoring into their play on Thursday. Which means they very well could play it like a rest game. Not good for us.

8 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I just looked at the standings. The Kings play Edmonton if they win. They could play Vegas if they lose. I don't think they want to play Edmonton in the first round. Or in other words, I don't see an incentive to win. 

That being said though, they would probably have to beat both to get to the Conference Finals. So, I don't see the standings factoring into their play on Thursday. Which means they very well could play it like a rest game. Not good for us.

Looking at various brackets, looks like the playoffs are by record for the WC.  So Winnipeg would play West #1, and atm Seattle would play Central #1.  

I think all teams will be reved up for the playoffs.  Better to go in with a high note, than to limp in with a loss.  You know how it is, losses are contagious.  

34 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Looking at various brackets, looks like the playoffs are by record for the WC.  So Winnipeg would play West #1, and atm Seattle would play Central #1.  

I think all teams will be reved up for the playoffs.  Better to go in with a high note, than to limp in with a loss.  You know how it is, losses are contagious.  

You're right and I knew that. somehow I flipped things in my head.

50 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I don't think the Kings are thrilled to be drawing Edmonton in the 1st round but I don't think it's enough of a thing to make them want to lose to the Ducks

Yeah, I'm not concerned that they might want to lose. I don't think they do either. But, the lack of incentive to win may have them take the ice with a subpar lineup and a preseason attitude/approach of let's just get this over and move on to the playoffs. That I think is a strong possibility.

Penguins have been eliminated with the Islanders win today. They have nothing to play for against Columbus tomorrow. We'll see who even plays. Not saying CBJ is the favorite, but I like their chances of getting a point a little better than if the Pens were playing for their lives.

43 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Penguins have been eliminated with the Islanders win today. They have nothing to play for against Columbus tomorrow. We'll see who even plays. Not saying CBJ is the favorite, but I like their chances of getting a point a little better than if the Pens were playing for their lives.

Big day tomorrow for the Ducks. It should clear a few things up. Or, it could make Friday an even bigger day.

Good.  We get a penalty for that foolishness.  Hopefully they score.

Announcers are just idiots.  They are talking about a shot on goal.  This wasn't a shot on goal.  This was a knockdown with a high stick.  Shot on goal, measured by the goalpost.  Knockdown with a high stick, measured by the shoulders.  Morons.