• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I don't think the fan base will support that.  They need to start showing progress, because there are a lot of empty seats at Honda Center.

I agree, the losing is starting to get old. But, I think we're going to get one more year of it anyway.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

While that Z to Vatrano goal was pretty.  The problem with the Ducks is you have Strome just sitting there in no mans land instead of going for the net.  If Strome goes to the net, it takes away the goalies eyes, opens a tip shot up.  Instead we got lucky and Vatrano was able to beat the goalie.

At this point, you have to say the Vatrano signing was a success. Strome, not so much so. But, it's only the first season.

5 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I agree, the losing is starting to get old. But, I think we're going to get one more year of it anyway.

And along with that, I expect to see Verbeek go hard at getting a second 1st round pick. Once the dust settles, I think one or two of our prospects may be in play. Two sub 6ft defense men in the top two pairings just doesn't seem like a Verbeek kind of thing.

Updated. Here is what each team has left.  I think the Ducks have 2 games well within a win.  San Jose I can see losing out.  Chicago has one win and maybe 2 possibles left, but has the easiest schedule left.  Columbus has 1 win, maybe 2 more possibles left.  

Ducks

• Edmonton
  • @ Arizona
  • Colorado
  • Vancouver
  • Kings

San Jose

• Colorado
  • Colorado
  • Edmonton
  • @ Winnipeg
  • @ Calgary
  • @ Edmonton

Chicago

• @ Calgary
  • @ Vancouver
  • @ Seattle
  • Minnesota
  • @ Pittsburgh
  • Philly

Columbus

• @ Toronto
  • @ Devils
  • Rangers
  • @ Philly
  • Pittsburgh
  • Buffalo

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Updated. Here is what each team has left.  I think the Ducks have 2 games well within a win.  San Jose I can see losing out.  Chicago has one win and maybe 2 possibles left, but has the easiest schedule left.  Columbus has 1 win, maybe 2 more possibles left.  

Ducks

• Edmonton
  • @ Arizona
  • Colorado
  • Vancouver
  • Kings

San Jose

• Colorado
  • Colorado
  • Edmonton
  • @ Winnipeg
  • @ Calgary
  • @ Edmonton

Chicago

• @ Calgary
  • @ Vancouver
  • @ Seattle
  • Minnesota
  • @ Pittsburgh
  • Philly

Columbus

• @ Toronto
  • @ Devils
  • Rangers
  • @ Philly
  • Pittsburgh
  • Buffalo

Yeah, but you know there's more to it than just the schedule. Take the Ducks for example. The next game against Edmonton should be Edmonton easy. But, it's the second of a back to back where they have a tough game against the Kings the night before. Plus, we're at home/they're on the road. Next, there's Arizona. It's in Arizona were they've thrived. But, they haven't been playing well lately. Colorado is Colorado playing well. Still, it's the NHL. Chicago beat Boston. Vancouver? All over the place this year. Who knows that late in the season who's going to show up. And the Kings. The last game of the season, I think we will play them tough. But how will they play it. If they're not in contention for getting the wild card match up, will they even ice their better players?

There's just a lot that factors into these closing games.

Oh and I want to go on record again, I think the most likely team to lose out the remainder of the season - Chicago.

I kind of agree with you on SJ. I feel we have a better chance of finishing below Columbus than them.

Just looked at the standings and I could be wrong, but it looks like 4th worst is the "highest" the Ducks can finish, unless I'm mistaken. They are 10 points behind Montreal with 5 left to play. So they can catch them in points, but isn't the first time breaker regulation wins? Ducks have 13 and Montreal has 20. Ducks can only get to 18. This would mean Anaheim finishes below them in the standings. 

Ducks 13 regulation wins is the lowest by a couple games.

37 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Just looked at the standings and I could be wrong, but it looks like 4th worst is the "highest" the Ducks can finish, unless I'm mistaken. They are 10 points behind Montreal with 5 left to play. So they can catch them in points, but isn't the first time breaker regulation wins? Ducks have 13 and Montreal has 20. Ducks can only get to 18. This would mean Anaheim finishes below them in the standings. 

Ducks 13 regulation wins is the lowest by a couple games.

That'll work. That means we will pick 6th in the draft at the moment. Because it's inevitable that minimum of one team, probably an original 6,will jump us in the lottery. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

That'll work. That means we will pick 6th in the draft at the moment. Because it's inevitable that minimum of one team, probably an original 6,will jump us in the lottery. 

I think Columbus wins the Bedard pick. I'm looking forward to seeing him center a line with Gaudreau and Laine

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I think Columbus wins the Bedard pick. I'm looking forward to seeing him center a line with Gaudreau and Laine

They would probably still lose.

To have the talent they already have and perform so poorly, is a clear signal that their org is messed up. Like adding McDavid to Edmonton, Bedard would just clearly show Columbus can't win in their present state.

2 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Tonight will make things a bit more clear: we have game in hand, and the other 3 pathetic losers are all playing.

A point by any of them will be fantastic.

We own any tie-breaker by way of our sh*tty number of regulation wins, so that's an embarrassing positive for us as this goes down to the wire.

I would love for a couple of them to get wins. I think the Ducks have the easiest remaining schedule. Their game against Arizona will be huge.

I diagree with most here and think it will be tough for the Ducks to finish with more points than the Sharks. Ducks have a game in hand and are 3 points behind with 5 left to play. And Anaheim has the tie breaker. I'm hoping the Ducks don't get 3 more points all season. 

Columbus and Chicago are definitely the more realistic threats to finish behind the Ducks in the standings.

Hopefully I didn't jinx anything.

It's just crazy stuff at this point. I would have thought the teams most likely to lose going forward were SJ and Chicago. SJ because of their schedule and Chicago because of the way the org has decimated their team. But, that's not the way it's going.

Well, I just looked back. SJ did lose in OT. Still, they picked up a point against Colorado.

So anyhow, I think I'm going to stop guessing, Just ride the ride and see where it takes things. The worst the Ducks can do is go into the lottery @ 4. A couple weeks ago, I would have been very happy with that. Now, They have a chance to do even better.