• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jersey ads have arrived

mmc

10 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Nothing says “big leagues” like having a sponsor on your uniform…

Or advertising on every possible flat space inside the stadium.

Or hearing "this hit brought to by Rotolo Chevrolet..."

Or "This game coming to you live from The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Edison Field."

8 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am kind of numb to adding a bunch of corporate logos to the uniforms.  Whatever.  I mean, we already got the Nike logo.  How much worse could it really get?

And I think that’s the end goal: that we don’t notice the slow change. It’ll eventually become normal. It’s like the analogy of the frog boiling in water that is slowly heated. It would be one thing if the the extra revenue could be spent on on-field talent, but it can’t if you’re up against the cap, or if the team just won’t.  In the end it’s just a money grab, which is fine. Advertise wherever you need in order to make a profit. Just keep it off of the uniforms.

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Maybe y'all haven't noticed that big Nike swoosh all these years. 

You can kind of make an argument for that since Nike made the uniforms, and even designed some of them. I still don’t like it, but there’s a case to be made. Motorola has nothing to do with the success or the aesthetics of the Padres.

Just now, Jeremiah said:

You can kind of make an argument for that since Nike made the uniforms, and even designed some of them. I still don’t like it, but there’s a case to be made. Motorola has nothing to do with the success or the aesthetics of the Padres.

Yes Nike made the uniforms so they have a much more “legitimate” to mark their own actual product.

But unfortunately Nike has intentionally become very political to the point where their logo carries all kinds of messages that have nothing to do with simply marking their own product.

I hate Nike.

One thing I was also reading about the ad patches is that they can be placed on either sleeve, depending on the handedness of the hitter. Many teams already have team-logo patches on the shoulders (the Angels have one on each), anniversary patches, memorial decals, etc. Plus the Phillies have numbers on their sleeves. This could mean the end of that, which takes away some of that fun distinctiveness.