• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Astros @ Angels (4/10/22)

mmc

I don't understand what happened to Fletcher. It wasn't like he had a flukey year - he got better in 2019 and again in 2020. But last year he just lost it, and became the scrub that we thought he'd be five years ago.

Thankfully his contract isn't so large that a UT role would be a huge loss. 

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

I don't understand what happened to Fletcher. It wasn't like he had a flukey year - he got better in 2019 and again in 2020. But last year he just lost it, and became the scrub that we thought he'd be five years ago.

I'm guessing you once said something nice about him.

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

He only hits the ball to right field so he’s getting hurt by outfield shifts. Remember Adolis Garcias catch on his foul pop last year?

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Other teams have the book on him, he needs to adjust.  The sure had the RF positioned well.

Just now, Lou said:

I'm guessing you once said something nice about him.

We all loved him. He's the type of player everyone loves: A fringe prospect who becomes a good regular. I think we collectively got naively greedy after his .319/.376/.425 line - and it was understandable considering he had gotten better each year. But given that he only played 49 games, some regression was expected - but not to what we've seen since.