• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Assuming no more 60-day IL moves, who do you think might get the boot? I'm thinking maybe Jose Rojas and someone like Jhonathan Diaz? Though with the signing of Duffy, I'm not sure they need Wade AND Velazquez. 

I think Maddon said Velazquez was his leading SS candidate (for some reason) so doubt it'd be him. 

Diaz, Criswell, Tyler, Davis, Wantz, Naughton and Rojas seem like the most 'expendable' candidates who would be least likely claimed. 

6 minutes ago, Tony Two Bags said:

If Castellanos does end up with Philly, causing them to be up against the CBT, it is one less likely destination for Story and Correa.

It feels like its down to 4 teams for the two SS. Angels, Astros, Twins, or Cardinals. 

Cardinals have 2 legit SS so I doubt they are looking at Story

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I think Maddon said Velazquez was his leading SS candidate (for some reason) so doubt it'd be him. 

Diaz, Criswell, Tyler, Davis, Wantz, Naughton and Rojas seem like the most 'expendable' candidates who would be least likely claimed. 

Yeah, Wade seems more likely than Velazquez to go,  given Maddon's comments.  I just think it's pointless to have so many guys that overlap.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Assuming no more 60-day IL moves, who do you think might get the boot? I'm thinking maybe Jose Rojas and someone like Jhonathan Diaz? Though with the signing of Duffy, I'm not sure they need Wade AND Velazquez. 

Didn't Diaz show some promise last year?

Only three games but ERA+ of 110

So I noticed MLB has determined its Top 100 prospects list for 2022. One of the 100 (at 21) is our very own Angel prospective diamond, Mr. Detmers. Many teams have multiples on that list, and multiples in the top 20 of that list. Such lists are not absolutely determinative, but they do indicate trends to anticipate. What should Angels fans anticipate?

Rangers have added Corey Seager, Marcus Semien, Brad Miller, Kole Calhoun, and Mitch Garver to their offense and Jon Gray, Garrett Richards, and Martin Perez to the staff.

They might not be great, but they've made huge improvements to that club.