• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

8 hours ago, Second Base said:

A friend of mine who works in a certain MLB front office says Arte is itching to make a splash and they believe the Angels are involved to an extent in the Freeman bidding, which quickly went beyond where the Braves were comfortable. He cited Walsh's catch in LF in the all-star game as evidence for the general belief that Walsh can play corner OF in the major leagues. 

Personally, I disagree. I think if Walsh could, they wouldn't have gotten rid of Pujols. Walsh is a good defender at 1B and that's probably where he should stay. I get that teams are fine with butchers like Castellanos and Ozuna in the field because of the offensive tradeoff, but if the Angels aren't going to acquire the TOR pitching they need, they might as well stick with Marsh and Adell in the OF this year. Let them take their lumps so we can get to their stardom earlier.

Walsh has a better arm than Upton so I guess.....
But then comes the obvious thought.... I'd imagine Adell would be the odd one out if this is the case. Maybe flip him to Miami for a pitcher?

Either way I'd love to see a splash. Unfortunately it's the Arte fashion of a position player and not a pitcher, but I trust Perry can make a good trade.

4 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

A’s about to complete their 2nd or 3rd rebuild before we give Trout a legit chance to win. 

The A’s have won 5 playoff games (not series) since Trout debuted.  The A’s have won 1 playoff game since Trout had his one and only playoff opportunity.  The Angels and A’s are tied for playoff series wins since Trout debuted.  

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

My only sliver of hope remains in thinking the Angels work in silence and that they sign someone significant and then trade for someone significant. 

After all.... Maddon was passionate about the Angels adding two rotational pieces. So far all that has been done is a cut payroll.

They added two SP and have spent to just about where they were.