• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: State to Anaheim: Angel Stadium sale violates affordable housing law

14 hours ago, Second Base said:

I actually think we should develop a drug that prevents muscle loss and increases metabolism, with no long term studies and then require everyone to take it, children included. Because the people that use this drug will find it to be ineffective unless everyone else takes the drug. 

Sort of like how my umbrella doesn't work in the rain unless you are using an umbrella too. 

That way we can all be swole. Infants included. 

On 12/9/2021 at 5:52 AM, eligrba said:

This is why attorneys are a scurge on society.  A deal like this could not have happened without the expensive evaluation by idiots called attorneys. 

You can blame government but it is really the responsibility of legal counsel to navigate the myriad of land use laws.

Well, Government is also at fault regarding zoning and zoning laws...

If it was zoned commercial then it's commercial. If the City had it zoned differently way back in 1961. Then they are at fault for not bringing it up to current zoning laws. That would be in the CoA.

There has to be a real estate broker or investor in here that could effectively answer this question...regarding zoning laws.

I know insurance so I know you can't insure a condo the same as a SFR due to the HOA, HOA Master Policy and CC&R's.

The lot the stadium is situated on, including parking, is zoned Public/Recreational. Random clicking on structures around the stadium comes up Industrial or Low Volume Office. Interesting to note the property that they built Condos on was zoned Industrial and should not have been approved without reclassification. 

https://gis.anaheim.net/PropertyInfo/index.html?APN=08327113

As a side note, Disney has expanded it's park area without adding any housing options. It seems like they are always behind thwarting any competitive attractions in Anaheim, especially after selling the Angels. I wouldn't put it past one of their people behind this action.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

As a side note, Disney has expanded it's park area without adding any housing options. It seems like they are always behind thwarting any competitive attractions in Anaheim, especially after selling the Angels. I wouldn't put it past one of their people behind this action.

Mickey is a rat.

20 hours ago, Blarg said:

The lot the stadium is situated on, including parking, is zoned Public/Recreational. Random clicking on structures around the stadium comes up Industrial or Low Volume Office. Interesting to note the property that they built Condos on was zoned Industrial and should not have been approved without reclassification. 

https://gis.anaheim.net/PropertyInfo/index.html?APN=08327113

Thanks Blarg,

I just find it extremely interesting that they zoned it that way. Public/Recreational would lead me to saying....Public? Why not Free parking then or similar to a regional park why isn't parking 5 bucks....?

Disney does whatever they want. And during the shutdown due to Covid-19 I will just say...There was **SERIOUS** talk of closing the park permanently!!! And moving all Corporate operations to Florida. During the RECALL of Newsom Disney ran shot at him as they were shutdown and/then limited entry... Disney was asking all employees to Vote "Yes" and had ballot voting boxes near the entrance. After Backing him for a very long time financially!

On 12/9/2021 at 1:17 PM, Dtwncbad said:

Just when mlb gets rid of the Indians name, they turn right around and do something as tone deaf and outrageous as this.  The red car at the bottom?  Really?

At least it wasn't a Yellow car, because you know those are unlucky.

And it really does look like a totem pole.

On 12/8/2021 at 1:49 PM, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Blue State problems! Phuck it! Move em...

There is more than enough high density housing in Southern Cal... They are even ripping the old Orange Mall and the Theater at Main & Katella and putting in more high density housing...

The State wants LOW INCOME section 8....

On new builds that doesn't equate land cost wise in the OC.

Why doesn't the State force Disney to build low income housing instead of hotels?...Because Disney backs the Governor and contributes to Newsom..

It's all relative.

Source?

2 hours ago, mmc said:

Source?

OC Register? Check the CoO Planning department meetings as well? There has been numerous threads on Social Media Groups for the last 3 years with the Festival/Orange Mall.... That's why they didn't build where the golf range is! They got block by the neighbors on the section 8 apartments! And that group paid for the traffic. Report on Canal St. 

So, you think the Orange Mall is just going to sit vacant forever? No Sears, No Penny's, No World Market? 60% empty shops? The indoor Mall is DEAD....Are empty stores a financially viable business?

There was talk of Costco going in where Sears was but the traffic report came back negative on Canal St. So, they are considering retail below and high density above similar to where the Catch is located now by the Grove!

Also, during the lockdown there was even a report that Century was looking to selling off properties and that one was one of them (Katella & Main). Switch up to retail below high density above... The only surviving restaurants are Lazy Dog, Chili's, Kings and quilt location and where the Starbucks is! They will build around those! Same reason they dropped the electric charging station by the No Tell Motel.

Do you want me to give up my source for Disney deciding whether to leave So Cal and move Corporate operations to Florida also?..Newsom bit the hand that has fed him and pissed them off once he locked them down then forced them to limit capacity there was serious discussions.. But, NO, I wont!

1 hour ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

OC Register? Check the CoO Planning department meetings as well? There has been numerous threads on Social Media Groups for the last 3 years with the Festival/Orange Mall.... That's why they didn't build where the golf range is! They got block by the neighbors on the section 8 apartments! And that group paid for the traffic. Report on Canal St. 

So, you think the Orange Mall is just going to sit vacant forever? No Sears, No Penny's, No World Market? 60% empty shops? The indoor Mall is DEAD....Are empty stores a financially viable business?

There was talk of Costco going in where Sears was but the traffic report came back negative on Canal St. So, they are considering retail below and high density above similar to where the Catch is located now by the Grove!

Also, during the lockdown there was even a report that Century was looking to selling off properties and that one was one of them (Katella & Main). Switch up to retail below high density above... The only surviving restaurants are Lazy Dog, Chili's, Kings and quilt location and where the Starbucks is! They will build around those! Same reason they dropped the electric charging station by the No Tell Motel.

Do you want me to give up my source for Disney deciding whether to leave So Cal and move Corporate operations to Florida also?..Newsom bit the hand that has fed him and pissed them off once he locked them down then forced them to limit capacity there was serious discussions.. But, NO, I wont!

That’s some of the most off the rails deep state nonsense I’ve heard in a while. You don’t have the faintest clue as to how municipalities operate.