• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shohei hard at work, no celebration, predictions next year?

MPohleece

I think Ohtani fell off contaxt wise in the second half because he was chasing home runs. He was the legit contender for not only the crown this year, but to hit 50, which is something people remember.

I wouldnt be surprised, or let down, if his power drops a bit next year but his contact gets better.

If trout and rendon are healthy, and walsh / adell improve, thats not a bad tradeoff at all.

43 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think Ohtani fell off contaxt wise in the second half because he was chasing home runs. He was the legit contender for not only the crown this year, but to hit 50, which is something people remember.

I wouldnt be surprised, or let down, if his power drops a bit next year but his contact gets better.

If trout and rendon are healthy, and walsh / adell improve, thats not a bad tradeoff at all.

This. And they stopped pitching to him. With no protection from the injured guys, and Walsh and Fletcher slumping, everything was way off the plate leaving Shohei no choice but to chase after bad pitches or take another walk. He did pretty well to get the numbers he did considering the way he was pitched to in the 2nd half.

4 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

This. And they stopped pitching to him. With no protection from the injured guys, and Walsh and Fletcher slumping, everything was way off the plate leaving Shohei no choice but to chase after bad pitches or take another walk. He did pretty well to get the numbers he did considering the way he was pitched to in the 2nd half.

Yep. And again, if he wasnt chasing home runs (which all.of us, fans, the media, thr haters, etc etc) were dying for, he very well would have been content to simply walk 4 times a game

This was one of the dumber arguments i read in the ohtani vs vlad debates this summer. That vlad had more pressure because Toronto was in a playoff chase.

In normal years, sure. But ohtani had the whole world watching. 

5 years from now, if not less, no one will remember how the AL east worked out. (Or that Toronto went into September with almost the same record as the Angels). 

Whereas people will mention Ohtanis year for decades.

People havent even been born yet who will buy his jersey someday.

28 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yep. And again, if he wasnt chasing home runs (which all.of us, fans, the media, thr haters, etc etc) were dying for, he very well would have been content to simply walk 4 times a game

This was one of the dumber arguments i read in the ohtani vs vlad debates this summer. That vlad had more pressure because Toronto was in a playoff chase.

In normal years, sure. But ohtani had the whole world watching. 

5 years from now, if not less, no one will remember how the AL east worked out. (Or that Toronto went into September with almost the same record as the Angels). 

Whereas people will mention Ohtanis year for decades.

People havent even been born yet who will buy his jersey someday.

You have a beautiful soul.