• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brendon Davis

Hubs

30 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Isn't this less of a "depth" move and more of a protecting him from the Rule 5 move?

I guess it can be both. I don't see him as an option for 2022 unless he's putting up hilarious numbers or we're absolutely fucked.

Yep, that's how I see it.  I think some people are maybe reading too much into it.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Isn't this less of a "depth" move and more of a protecting him from the Rule 5 move?

I guess it can be both. I don't see him as an option for 2022 unless he's putting up hilarious numbers or we're absolutely fucked.

48 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yep, that's how I see it.  I think some people are maybe reading too much into it.

Both of you are correct, this is simply pulling him onto the 40-man to start the year in AAA, nothing more. If the Angels get hit with a lot of position player injuries we could see him, but likely he will pick up some time throughout the year, probably in September for a cup of coffee and then may become an actual option in 2023 or continue as depth or may fall off the radar. Hope he pans out, as he has in the upper Minors for us, but for now this is strictly a depth and protection move.

13 hours ago, Hubs said:

Would they really go with a rookie and Rengifo at SS? With this class?

money, money, money and is better spent for pitching. Jeremiah Jackson should be ready in a year or 2,  so why block with a long term expensive SS in FA. We will have a  top offense next season with pieces we spent a fortune on already. The next big contracts should be on pitchers.

13 hours ago, Hubs said:

I'm the opposite, I like Davis and Stefanic (and Rengifo and Mayfield) as depth, not as a starting SS. They all have options, so they'll be up and down.

We had a terrible offense in the second half last year, even with Ohtani. Fletcher slumped badly for all but 26 games.

The defense needs to be elite with a groundball pitcher like Stroman. We can have that if they add a bat. Granted Davis is also elite defensively, but Stefanic doesn't have a position.

Of course without Trout and Rendon and Adel.

2 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

money, money, money and is better spent for pitching. Jeremiah Jackson should be ready in a year or 2,  so why block with a long term expensive SS in FA. We will have a  top offense next season with pieces we spent a fortune on already. The next big contracts should be on pitchers.

Agreed, except that Jackson projects possibly as a 3B.   Paris is the one coming down the pike at SS (September 2024?), with Vera a year behind although also possibly moving from SS.

6 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

^^^^ Perry may have convinced Arte that we aren’t spending on shiny toy position players this year……Pitching, pitching and more pitching……and if we have any money left, more pitching…..

10 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Jeremiah Jackson? Seriously? He’s played 45 games at low A Ball.. he’s probably three years away minimum. Probably ETA 2024. Full time in 25 or 26. 

We had the worst offense in baseball in the second half. They will be better with Trout Rendon and Upton being healthy but they need to add a MINF bat. 

Out pitching was middle of the road. They need to add an ace. And some depth pieces.

10 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Of course without Trout and Rendon and Adel.

Adell played.. he’s not proven and neither is Marsh.

They will not go into a season relying on injured players to come back and with 4 questionable spots in the lineup. RF/LF/2B/SS