• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Criminal trial of former Angels PR employee Eric Kay postponed to January

The federal criminal trial in which former Angels PR staffer Eric Kay will face charges that he supplied the drugs that led to the death of Tyler Skaggs has been postponed to Jan. 24, a judge in Texas ruled on Wednesday. It had been scheduled to begin on Tuesday.

Kay was indicted for possession and distribution of opioids, including those that killed Skaggs on July 1, 2019. The government had only included fentanyl, a powerful synthetic opioid, in its initial charges, but on Tuesday the indictment was updated to include oxycodone.

Kay’s attorneys argued that the change required them to alter their defense strategy, so they needed more time to prepare for the trial. Judge Terry R. Means, of the Northern District of Texas, agreed in his decision released on Wednesday.

The trial had been scheduled to begin in August, but it was postponed to October and then again to November.

View the full article

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Was it ever made public about the 5 players who were deposed about this? I never saw it, but thought it happened a few months ago?

I have not seen any report that depositions of 5 players were taken, and (in general) depositions are not taken in criminal cases.  However, this is what the government says it intendes to present at Eric Kay's trial:

Issue No. 2: Eric Kay’s distribution of oxycodone pills to individuals other than T.S. The government intends to introduce evidence at trial that since 2017, Kay obtained oxycodone pills for several Major League Baseball players and distributed those pills to them. More specifically, the government anticipates presenting testimony of approximately five players who received oxycodone from Kay in 2017, 2018, and/or 2019. The evidence will also demonstrate that Kay often coordinated the distribution through text messages or through conversations involving the victim, T.S. This witness testimony will in many instances be corroborated by text message communications.

7 hours ago, oater said:

I have not seen any report that depositions of 5 players were taken, and (in general) depositions are not taken in criminal cases.  However, this is what the government says it intendes to present at Eric Kay's trial:

Issue No. 2: Eric Kay’s distribution of oxycodone pills to individuals other than T.S. The government intends to introduce evidence at trial that since 2017, Kay obtained oxycodone pills for several Major League Baseball players and distributed those pills to them. More specifically, the government anticipates presenting testimony of approximately five players who received oxycodone from Kay in 2017, 2018, and/or 2019. The evidence will also demonstrate that Kay often coordinated the distribution through text messages or through conversations involving the victim, T.S. This witness testimony will in many instances be corroborated by text message communications.

When does the prosecution of the ballplayers for purchasing illegal narcotics begin? Also how is Skaggs a victim when he willingly purchased the illegal narcotics as well?

7 hours ago, eligrba said:

Too bad Kay is not a doctor.  He would have received kick backs and paid vacations courtesy of the pharmaceutical companies instead of a criminal case. 

True story. I recently worked a security event, with a contract security guard for a hollywood thing. The guard I was with got busted for trafficking. Not small dealer shit, but actual pics of him in bolivia loading up a cessna with kiloS shit.

Interesting stories for sure

Of note. His whole family was in the biz. But they left it.... his brother got a pharmacy license..... told me how much better the money is in doing that.

And this is from a guy who said he moved about 4 keys a month, which was 15K per kilo in his pocket.

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

True story. I recently worked a security event, with a contract security guard for a hollywood thing. The guard I was with got busted for trafficking. Not small dealer shit, but actual pics of him in bolivia loading up a cessna with kiloS shit.

Interesting stories for sure

Of note. His whole family was in the biz. But they left it.... his brother got a pharmacy license..... told me how much better the money is in doing that.

And this is from a guy who said he moved about 4 keys a month, which was 15K per kilo in his pocket.

south park omg GIF by Comedy Central

• 2 months later...