• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I want Stroman at this point because the Angels need a reliable, good starting pitcher immediately.

My concern with Stroman, because of the kind of pitcher he is, is that with a little age he could be just hammered in those 4th and 5th years.

But I guess if the win window is now, you just have to swallow that and accept it.

I agree with this.  I like his moxie.  I don’t give a shit about him being on social media.  But he has a confidence about himself that I like.

If your verified account isn’t sports related then it is worthless.  The guy seems to be a camera man who works in Blarg’s industry.  I don’t know how that gives him any credit.  At the end of the day it could be true.  But being a verified camera man means next to nothing.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I agree with this.  I like his moxie.  I don’t give a shit about him being on social media.  But he has a confidence about himself that I like.

I think fans far too often just find some other player in history to reference to make a point.  The truth is you can always find a player in baseball history to support your opinion.

So I may be guilty of this here.  Weaver suddenly sucked and at a relatively early age.

I have this gut feeling about Stroman that he could be similar in his shelf life.

But I want him anyway because they need him now.

Edited by Dtwncbad

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I think fans far too often just find some other player in history to reference to make a point.  The truth is you can always find a player in baseball history to support your opinion.

So I may be guilty of this here.  Weaver suddenly sucked and at a relatively early age.

I have this gut feeling about Stroman that he could be similar in his shelf life.

But I want him anyway because they need him now.

You should have compared him to Tom Gordon.  

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

would you rather have stroman or Rondon and Contrerars? Not sure they can afford both.

Not interested in Rodon, but...if I could something like Contreras for Suarez + Knowles, and then get Sonny Gray/Tyler Mahle/Luis Castillo + Amir Garrett for some package involving guys like Bachman, Adell, Stassi, and next-tier downSP/SS prospects, and then go on to sign a closer, I'd be pretty happy and it would seem reasonably affordable. ~$30-$40m added between the four (C, SP, Garrett, CL) depending on backloading or any money absorbed anywhere.