• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Prominent Angels executive (via MLB Insider Robert Murray): Offseason plan is "pitching, pitching, pitching" "If you have a pulse and can throw, we're gonna be in on you"

BTH

On 10/27/2021 at 9:20 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im prorbably being too optimistic here, but I wouldnt be surprised if he finally does this year.

Pujols is off the books, and in trout (assuming hes still alive) and Ohtani, he finally has the Manny / Ortiz combo he thought Pujols / Hamilton was going to be.

And hes old. 

I assume (again, im probably just stupid) he wants to see some success again before he retires to the yacht for good.

Charlie Brown Football GIF

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I looked at Sportac earlier, and looking there again, it does say $187 million AAV payroll, plus $2+ million MiLB payroll, plus $15+ million player benefits.

What are the $15+ million player benefits for?

I’d assume pension and health care.  Stuff like that. 

39 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

$15 million seems kind of high?

Or expected?

Per the CBA, the contribution is around that number. A couple of years back in the Primer Series I noted that the number had gone up, after I read the CBA, but a lot of people didn't believe me, they were still believing it was in the $7.4M range give or take, but it did go up in the new (soon to be old) CBA.

Capture.JPG

Basically in 2017 it was a maximum $7.31M. However it is the bottom clause that launched it much higher, particularly the part about the year-to-year total player salary totals. By the time we have arrived in 2021, it is much higher.

Of course it should be noted, as @Jeff Fletcher reminded me recently, that there is basically no CBA for this off-season and everything could change.