• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels medical staff...

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

They should be fired for not making the players heal faster.  

How come they didn't predict the exact amount of time that these guys are out so they can come back at the exact time they were going to anyway?

I don't think this is the cause for my lack of confidence in the Angel's medical staff.  It is the number of major setbacks that occur once the player is deemed to be ready to resume their baseball activities.

6 hours ago, Lou said:

My doctor told me my shoulder would feel better after a month. It still hurts, so I'm not paying him. 

Poor analogy. Did your doctor also say your brother's calf would be fine by now (but of course it isn't), and your neighbour's back would be fine by now (but it isn't) and does he have a history of never healing any injury earlier than anticipated, or say elbow ligament damage is dehydration? There is a pattern of poor performance here, not one isolated incident. 

20 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I don't think this is the cause for my lack of confidence in the Angel's medical staff.  It is the number of major setbacks that occur once the player is deemed to be ready to resume their baseball activities.

Any examples in the last several years. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Who?  Rendon and Trout haven’t had set backs. They are healing slowly.  

I think this is semantics.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/setback

set back

verb

set back; setting back; sets back

Definition of set back (Entry 2 of 2)

transitive verb

1: to slow the progress of : HINDER, DELAY

So "healing slowly" is a set back.

But the point is that it seems these guys are never back when expected due to some kind of delay. 

Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but this year it certainly is.

33 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

It seems some of this board take this as a personal affront. Would you be happy if they just added 3 weeks to every prognosis so they appeared to be healing ahead of schedule?

I’d rather not have a timetable given. Takes away that expectation that the player heals like we want them to