• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The 2022 Angels could easily be the 2021 Red Sox

The biggest difference between these two teams;

1. Defense, our defense has improved and is one of the reason's we're playing good. but Early in the Season it badly hurt us. 

2. Bullpen; Red Sox have the better Bp and  one of the reason's there ahead of us. 

3. Bundy, and Quintana combined have 10 Loses and only 1 win. That's 10 loses on our record thanks to these two guys. 

Now we need to improves these areas. 

40 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

The biggest difference between these two teams;

1. Defense, our defense has improved and is one of the reason's we're playing good. but Early in the Season it badly hurt us. 

A lot of this can be (and somewhat has been) fixed in house: more consistent roles, better position, jettisoning Suzuki, eventually bringing up Marsh.

2. Bullpen; Red Sox have the better Bp and  one of the reason's there ahead of us. 

This is the area where we will see the most overhaul. Unless the Angels go on a magical run over the next few weeks, Raisel and possibly Watson and Cishek will be traded. Of the current bullpen, the only guys that I see on next year's Opening Day 25-man roster are maybe Mayers, Wantz, and Suarez (if he doesn't stick as a starter). I could also see the Angels bring back Quintana on a cheap one-year deal, as a swingman (he's been better since coming back from injury). That means they need 4+ relievers. Maybe they re-sign Raisel, but they need at least two elite guys, and two good relievers, imo. Then they can cycle in minor leaguers as needed.

3. Bundy, and Quintana combined have 10 Loses and only 1 win. That's 10 loses on our record thanks to these two guys. 

Now we need to improves these areas. 

Ohtani and Sandoval are locks for the rotation. We can hope that Canning improves in the minors, and I'm not giving up on Suarez after one bad start against one of the best offenses in baseball. Barria is depth, although he'll need to be on the roster, and then Detmers and C-Rod should be ready. I still expect the Angels to go after the best starter they can sign, and maybe one more depth guy.