• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fangraphs: Patrick Sandoval’s Changeup Is a Whiff Machine

Very interesting read, makes me even more excited for Sandoval's future. He's starting to look like he can easily be a #3 caliber pitcher (he has had glimpses of a #2 at his best too, just has to start stretching himself out deeper into games). Maybe he will be what Heaney never was. 

On a side note, I think that Suarez's changeup is absolutely filthy as well. 

My biggest concern with Sandoval was in the past, he tended to get anxious on the mound and his mechanics would unravel…prone to big inning, or inability to get back on track and go deep. I saw a really dynamite reliever in the making. 

He’s looked 180° different on the mound this year. It was a mental adjustment, he made it, and he’s absolutely changed my mind. He can and will find success as a starter.

50 minutes ago, totdprods said:

My biggest concern with Sandoval was in the past, he tended to get anxious on the mound and his mechanics would unravel…prone to big inning, or inability to get back on track and go deep. I saw a really dynamite reliever in the making. 

He’s looked 180° different on the mound this year. It was a mental adjustment, he made it, and he’s absolutely changed my mind. He can and will find success as a starter.

I like this post @totdprods.  Sums it up really well.  In the past, I thought Sandoval had potential, but then he would go all CJ Wilson on us and unravel.  It seemed he couldn’t get back on track.

This year, he seems to have matured, and his fastball has some real zip, but it’s his changeup and slider that have really helped him.  I’m hoping for good things from him the rest of the year.