• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rays (6/26/2021): Ohtani leading off again, Gosselin at 1B & clean-up

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I would trade literally every single player who's on an expiring contract.  I don't care what you get in return, as long as it's someone who is controllable beyond this year.  Just clean house.  I honestly don't care if they lose every game from here on out this season.  They have a ton of guys who'll be Rule 5 eligible before next year.  Use the rest of this season to assess a few of them.  Just move on.  It's all about next year and beyond.

(And, sure, go ahead and call me reactionary/emotional.  I also don't care about that.  🙂 I would have said the same thing before they won some games against the bottom-feeders a couple weeks ago...)

Seriously, most of the expiring contract players will only get cash considerations in return. 

2 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Seriously, most of the expiring contract players will only get cash considerations in return. 

Fine with me.  Just clear the space.  We have so much dead weight on the current 40-man that I'd rather clear it, bring up a few guys who'll be Rule 5 eligible after the season, see if they deserve to be protected before the Rule 5 draft, and then just move forward.

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I complain a lot about the fact that we have 4 left handed relievers on the team and only one real outfielder.  I just realized I was wrong.  We have 5 left handed relievers:

Watson

Claudio

Quijada

Saurez 

Quintana

Just fucking awesome.

I think it raises the question about roster construction. Is Maddon playing guys out of position because he doesn't have alternatives, or is this what he think thinks is best given the current state of the organization? How much of this is Minasians call, and how much of it is justifiable?