• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton and Pujols

No one can tell me that Hamilton gives a shit after that final at bat last night.

This guy is a bum.  It would not surprise me to learn he is a clubhouse cancer.  Guys are stuck in SLC or riding pine because of him.

he was traded by cincinnati because some players thought he was a prima donna. i don't really know what his relationships with ranger players were like aside from the comments about how they didn't know which hamilton was going to show up to the games. 

you guys have no idea how athletes hate to lose.  They don't reach their level of success without a great competitive drive.  Just because they are not showing their frustration in their public behavior.

I'm lost.  Is this troll material, actual sarcasm, or do you really think that?

he's not trolling, he's right. things are going bad and when things are going bad there is no telling a mob to disperse. you guys want to burn someone in effigy and sometimes it's hamilton, sometimes it's pujols, etc.

they are playing badly, no doubt about it, but you guys equate playing badly as an indicator of having no desire to win.

as i've said before, i believe this team is not prepared to take the field and that blame can be spread around liberally, but you have to understand what it takes to play at the mlb level. you have to treat it as a process or it will eat you up. it doesn't make me or others a "superfan", which is an intended derogatory statement, for being aware of this.

Again, F this.

I've seen too many at bats where he clearly is mailing it in.

I've seen plays in right field this week that are more than just physical errors.  JV right fielders would get crucified by their coaches for not picking up a grounder like Hammy missed last night.  Did I hear correctly that this is the second time this week that happened?

I don't call you a superfan, just a nut swinger.  Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining.  Hamilton had to have a certain level of determination, talent and hard work to get to the major leagues, and become a star.  But he's got 150 million reasons to mail it in now, and that is exactly what he's doing.

I appreciate SABRmetrics, but it's just not that black and white.  If they were performing at career levels, it would change how the players around them are pitched to, a crucial win here or there changes the momentum of the season . . .  and so on.  It's not nearly as simple as adding their WAR to our win total.

Agree.  We've lost a bunch of one run games.  The entire dynamic of the season changes if these two are putting up reasonable numbers.

I'll cut Albert some slack.  The guy clearly can't plant on that foot.  And apparently his replacement is giving more at bats to Brendan Harris.  So I don't blame him for the powers that be for asking him to gut it out. 

If we all think about it for a second, it's quite admirable that Albert continues to be in the lineup.  He's trying to justify his contract and please the fans.  He wants the team to do well.  He has a legacy that is much better served by going on the DL and getting surgery but he chooses to try and play thru it in hopes that he can help the team.

Josh, on the other hand, is leaving the impression that if he fails, it's no big whoop to him.  May not be the case, but he'll have stretches where he seems focused and others where he seems uninterested. 

To put it in a basic stat calculation.

Right now, the Angels are at a -23 run differential.

If Pujols and Hamilton had as many RBI's as Trumbo, in which Trumbo has 44 RBI's and is on pace for 111 RBI's.  Pujols would be +7, and when he plays a whole season he's around 105-120 RBI's.  Hamilton would be a +24.  Yes, Hamilton only has 20 RBI's, when career wise, when healthy he's a 100+ RBI guy.  

31 more runs would put us at a +8.  

Currently, only KC (+5, 3 games under .500)  and Cleveland (+2, 3 games under .500) have losing records with a + run differential.  Baltimore and PIttsburgh are next lowest at +14, and they are 8 and 11 games over .500.  

We may not be on top.  But at least we can say we are in the chase.  

Again, F this.

I've seen too many at bats where he clearly is mailing it in.

I've seen plays in right field this week that are more than just physical errors.  JV right fielders would get crucified by their coaches for not picking up a grounder like Hammy missed last night.  Did I hear correctly that this is the second time this week that happened?

I don't call you a superfan, just a nut swinger.  Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining.  Hamilton had to have a certain level of determination, talent and hard work to get to the major leagues, and become a star.  But he's got 150 million reasons to mail it in now, and that is exactly what he's doing.

So anyone who disagrees with the "X PLAYER DOESN"T CARE!!!!!" nonsense you pull out your ass is a nutswinger now?

Good ****ing logic, dude.

Are ruining this season all by themselves. If they were doing what they should be, we would be doing just fine. .200 and .240 aren't going to get it done. Most of the home runs are solo shots and it really just takes the life out of this team. I dislike them a million times more than I dislike Blanton.

Of course, how many of the homers wouldn't have been solo shots if the runners didn't keep running into outs?

Still, they suck.

Pujols, for the good of his (and the team's) prospects for next year and beyond, should go on the DL and have surgery on his plantar.

Hamilton, for the good of his (and the team's) prospects for next year and beyond, needs to go lie down with a slump-buster...with or without his wife's acquiescence.

Pujols, what's the WORST thing that can happen if you get the surgery now?

The team is already pretty much an also ran for 2013.

You would lose maybe 15 HRs, but being healthy the next few seasons without the constant PF issue might add more than that back in. 

Win, Win    Get it done!

Pujols, what's the WORST thing that can happen if you get the surgery now?

The team is already pretty much an also ran for 2013.

You would lose maybe 15 HRs, but being healthy the next few seasons without the constant PF issue might add more than that back in. 

Win, Win    Get it done!

If the team hasn't improved dramatically by the ASB (and there's no reason to think they will), and Albert is still putting up these types of numbers, then I think it's a pretty good bet that he says goodbye for the season and gets his foot taken care of.  If not, it would be foolish of he and the team, IMO.  On June 11th, it's probably still a little too early to call it a season, even though I agree with you they aren't going anywhere in 2013. 

All we can hope for now is that Pujols gets the surgery done no later than July, and that he and Hackilton both come into ST 2014 with something to prove and ready to play.

yep this is pretty much where I'm at

Doesn't Pujols have some large incentives for reaching various home run milestones? It could be factoring into his decision to keep playing. 

He's never going to hit those milestones if he doesn't get healthy.