• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton and Pujols

Are ruining this season all by themselves. If they were doing what they should be, we would be doing just fine. .200 and .240 aren't going to get it done. Most of the home runs are solo shots and it really just takes the life out of this team. I dislike them a million times more than I dislike Blanton.

Lets see.  You already have more money than you can spend.  The guaranteed, long term 7 figure paycheck arrives each month on time, whether you hit or not.  Turn the page says the manager with his own huge long term contract, move on to the next paycheck.   Fret about losing a few baseball games?  Not so much.

As frustrated as I am with their performances, I think its ridiculous to think that Josh and Albert aren't upset about their performances. These guys live and breathe baseball - of course they want to succeed and of course they're frustrated. But do we need to say that on national TV? Do we need to see them fall to their knees and ask for forgiveness?

As frustrated as I am with their performances, I think its ridiculous to think that Josh and Albert aren't upset about their performances. These guys live and breathe baseball - of course they want to succeed and of course they're frustrated. But do we need to say that on national TV? Do we need to see them fall to their knees and ask for forgiveness?

yes! better yet, Albert should make good on his proclamation that if he isn't performing up to standard that he would opt out.

As frustrated as I am with their performances, I think its ridiculous to think that Josh and Albert aren't upset about their performances. These guys live and breathe baseball - of course they want to succeed and of course they're frustrated.

F*ck this.  I read this sentiment and hear it on Angels Pravda Radio 830am.  And then I watch the last at bat of the game last night.  Hamilton does not give a sh*t.  At all.

this and the next two seasons success were and will be contingent on this pair hitting the baseball.  After 2015 they might scrap it, but be prepared to live and die by these two for at least two more years after this one. 

Yup, we need these two to perform.  To put it all in perspective at how the Angels are all in right now.

2013, our payroll is at $137 million with the current group of people.

In 2014, our payroll, while losing Vargas and Downs, so a starter and reliever.  Our salary is already committed at $144 million.  And this does not even take into account significant raises that Bourjos, Trumbo, and Frieri will be getting in their first year or arbitration.  

In 2015, our payroll is at $129 million with Trout hitting arb for the first year.  

2016, our payroll is at $120 million.  

These number are if we make zero moves!  All in.    

Pujols will never shut himself down.  He knows that he still is getting that random home run despite playing at a fraction of his career numbers.  He has a more important goal than team success, the home run title.  Losing half a year costs hime probably 10-15 to his total. 

Are ruining this season all by themselves. If they were doing what they should be, we would be doing just fine. .200 and .240 aren't going to get it done. Most of the home runs are solo shots and it really just takes the life out of this team. I dislike them a million times more than I dislike Blanton.

your right.  we would be right in the race if they produce anywhere near expectations

Lets see.  You already have more money than you can spend.  The guaranteed, long term 7 figure paycheck arrives each month on time, whether you hit or not.  Turn the page says the manager with his own huge long term contract, move on to the next paycheck.   Fret about losing a few baseball games?  Not so much.ut a 

you guys have no idea how athletes hate to lose.  They don't reach their level of success without a great competitive drive.  Just because they are not showing their frustration in their public behavior.

Even if these guys were playing up to career averages, we'd still be pretty far out of the race.  Hamilton has been around a 4 WAR player the past couple seasons, and Pujols at his best is probably a 5-6 WAR player now.  Given those reference points, we'd have maybe 3-4 more wins at this stage in the season if they were playing well.  So instead of 27-37 we'd be 30-34 or something, awesome!

As terrible as these guys have been, there are lots of underperforming/injured players not living up to their contracts.

you guys have no idea how athletes hate to lose.  They don't reach their level of success without a great competitive drive.  Just because they are not showing their frustration in their public behavior.

I'm lost.  Is this troll material, actual sarcasm, or do you really think that?

Even if these guys were playing up to career averages, we'd still be pretty far out of the race.  Hamilton has been around a 4 WAR player the past couple seasons, and Pujols at his best is probably a 5-6 WAR player now.  Given those reference points, we'd have maybe 3-4 more wins at this stage in the season if they were playing well.  So instead of 27-37 we'd be 30-34 or something, awesome!

As terrible as these guys have been, there are lots of underperforming/injured players not living up to their contracts.

I appreciate SABRmetrics, but it's just not that black and white.  If they were performing at career levels, it would change how the players around them are pitched to, a crucial win here or there changes the momentum of the season . . .  and so on.  It's not nearly as simple as adding their WAR to our win total.

I appreciate SABRmetrics, but it's just not that black and white.  If they were performing at career levels, it would change how the players around them are pitched to, a crucial win here or there changes the momentum of the season . . .  and so on.  It's not nearly as simple as adding their WAR to our win total.

Totally agree with this.  It is no where near just adding WAR wins.