• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Was Chauvin truly guilty of the most serious charge?

Was Chauvin truly guilty of the most serious charge?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Was Chauvin truly guilty of the most serious charge?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Don’t care

How long could Derek Chauvin serve in prison after guilty verdict?

Derek Chauvin was found guilty on all counts Tuesday in a jury verdict that could mean the ex-Minneapolis police officer will serve decades in prison for the murder of George Floyd.

Chauvin was convicted of second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter. The most serious charge — second-degree unintentional murder -- could result in a 40-year sentence. The two other counts carry 25- and 10-year sentences, respectively.

The actual sentence that Chauvin receives depends on whether Hennepin County Judge Peter Cahill will agree with prosecutors two months from now and impose a longer prison term than stated in Minnesota's sentencing guidelines for first-time offenders.

The judge said Tuesday that Chauvin will be sentenced in about eight weeks, with the specific date yet to be determined.

Cahill would have to agree with prosecutors that there are aggravating factors in the case. 

It "may be years before we find out the precise punishment that Chauvin will receive," Slate reported.

Under the state's guidelines, those with no criminal records would receive a presumptive sentence of 12-1/2  years for the murder charges, and four years for manslaughter. The state law says even though Chauvin was convicted of three counts, he would have to serve only the one tied to the top charge, WUSA-TV of Washington, D.C., reported.

Prosecutors are seeking what is called an "upward sentencing departure," which means they want the judge to weigh other factors in the case, including the fact that the killing occurred in front of a child and their claim that Chauvin "abused his position of authority."

Ted Sampsell-Jones, a professor at the Mitchell Hamline School of Law, told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that if Cahill accepts the prosecution’s claim that aggravating factors should be applied, the sentence would be 30 years.

He told the paper that the first 20 would be served in prison and — if he qualified — could finish out his sentence on supervised release. If Cahill follows the state’s sentencing guidelines, Chauvin could be sentenced to 12.5 years in prison.

10 hours ago, cals said:

Were they on crack, had hypertension and Covid all at the same time?

No shit. Not saying the cop did the right thing. Everyone dismisses the impact of drugs and ignores his criminal history. If there was truly justice, Floyd would have been in prison and not roaming free to ruin this cops life. 

45 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

No shit. Not saying the cop did the right thing. Everyone dismisses the impact of drugs and ignores his criminal history. If there was truly justice, Floyd would have been in prison and not roaming free to ruin this cops life. 

He just got filmed too long with the knees thing.  Lot of cops there, They could have lifted him and set him in the back of the car.  He wasn't Hulk. On the other topic, I did know a guy who was speed balling and got cuffed and ran away then just face planted dead. 

1 hour ago, Crampknees said:

He just got filmed too long with the knees thing.  Lot of cops there, They could have lifted him and set him in the back of the car.  He wasn't Hulk. On the other topic, I did know a guy who was speed balling and got cuffed and ran away then just face planted dead. 

That was his downfall. Flair always knew when to break the hold

There had to be some reasonable evidence for a lesser conviction. Obviously, the officer wasn't innocent of all wrong doing.  Politicians didn't speak out for the hell of it. They knew the case wasn't rock solid on all charges and wanted to remind the jury of potential consequences. I am pretty sure these jurors received some instructions/threats. I imagine jurors were offered a few minutes of fame/money or they could go the Epstein route.

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

I think we both can agree Seth Rich, the whitewater dudes, or Obama's minister of music are probably better examples/

I'm going with the most recent example that you brought up. Ya boy Trump had him offed, then lost to Biden. lol

3 hours ago, Kotchman said:

I would bet my money that the dude in the dress had him whacked. The Clinton's have the track record

Nah, Trump enabled the guy for years at his property and was buddy-buddy with him until he became too much of a liability. He upset another club member who would have raised all hell had he not had Epstein ”kicked out” of his club and and then Trump/Epstein had a falling out over some sort of transaction. Trump then goes and hires an alleged Epstein associated rapist as his personal attorney and then somehow Epstein gets eliminated while in the custody of Trump's justice system.

Your election-fumbler-in-chief had him killed.

...and Sleepy Joe kicked his ass, lol.

1 minute ago, fishbulb said:

Nah, Trump enabled the guy for years at his property and was buddy-buddy with him until he became too much of a liability. He upset another club member who would have raised all hell had he not had Epstein ”kicked out” of his club and and then Trump/Epstein had a falling out over some sort of transaction. Trump then goes and hires an alleged Epstein associated rapist as his personal attorney and then somehow Epstein gets eliminated while in the custody of Trump's justice system.

Your election-fumbler-in-chief had him killed.

...and Sleepy Joe kicked his ass, lol.

I guess it is possible Trump pulled it off. That would take some serious deep state connections. Connections he didn't seem to have when he needed to investigate Hunter, election fraud, or even have his case heard by his own Supreme Court. To be clear, I was referring to Clinton as the man in the dress, not Michelle. This wouldn't be Clinton's first prison murder as we all know. 

11 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I guess it is possible Trump pulled it off. That would take some serious deep state connections. Connections he didn't seem to have when he needed to investigate Hunter, election fraud, or even have his case heard by his own Supreme Court. To be clear, I was referring to Clinton as the man in the dress, not Michelle. This wouldn't be Clinton's first prison murder as we all know. 

No shit and the election was stolen to boot!

13 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Bummer for Trump on the other issues, but at least he got Epstein killed. It's not like Trump was gonna get on Epstein's plane again and throw him off. This was his next best option.

10 hours ago, Blarg said:

Chauvin was guilty of the charges against him and the jury executed their duty. Why are you making up excuses? 

If the evidence on all charges  was so over whelming, why did the politicians and lynch mob make a preemptive strike? Not saying the guy is innocent. The real damage is the precedent being set by politicians and potentially jurors. This isn't one time tactic. Look for this in every future police trial.

17 minutes ago, cals said:

Next time you’re pulled over how about you try to grab the cops gun, then resist arrest and try to run.  Oh and just before you get pulled over, rob a liquor store and smoke some crack.  Let’s see if your white ass gets shot.  I’ll bet it does.  I’ll even pay you $45 if you do.

I absolutely will not get shot, but I'll be tazed and because of my comorbitities I would die.

But that wouldn't be the cops fault.

Btw, you don't shoot a guy who is running away. None of what you said has any relevance to a guy being shot and killed. You're just making excuses just like your alt account KC because you're a racist asshole. 

I'm done discussing this with you. You are blinded by your hate of minorities so you will always do mental gymnastics to find a way to justify the killing. The fact you're doing it with this case where a jury found him guilty and there's literally a video of the dude murdering him on camera but we all know why you're defending the cop. Deny it all you want but you know exactly what you are doing.

52 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I absolutely will not get shot, but I'll be tazed and because of my comorbitities I would die.

But that wouldn't be the cops fault.

Btw, you don't shoot a guy who is running away. None of what you said has any relevance to a guy being shot and killed. You're just making excuses just like your alt account KC because you're a racist asshole. 

I'm done discussing this with you. You are blinded by your hate of minorities so you will always do mental gymnastics to find a way to justify the killing. The fact you're doing it with this case where a jury found him guilty and there's literally a video of the dude murdering him on camera but we all know why you're defending the cop. Deny it all you want but you know exactly what you are doing.

I am easily the most racially diverse dude on AW. I served a Mexican lady last night. Just had a beer with the black man across the street. I am probably the only guy here that has lived by the trailer park, the ghetto, and a few months in Mexico. I am fluent in Redneck, Ebonics, and Spanish. I don't speak woke liberalism. When was the last time you actively socialized with a person of color outside of work?

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

I am easily the most racially diverse dude on AW. I served a Mexican lady last night. Just had a beer with the black man across the street. I am probably the only guy here that has lived by the trailer park, the ghetto, and a few months in Mexico. I am fluent in Redneck, Ebonics, and Spanish. I don't speak woke liberalism. When was the last time you actively socialized with a person of color outside of work?

So Rednecks do count as people of color?  I have no choice but to socialize with them all the time.  Talk about color, these fuckers turn so red I think I am around birds or tree frogs trying to attract a mate. 

3 hours ago, Crampknees said:

So Rednecks do count as people of color?  I have no choice but to socialize with them all the time.  Talk about color, these fuckers turn so red I think I am around birds or tree frogs trying to attract a mate. 

Yes, we can't help it. I can go outside for a smoke and come back with a full red neck