• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Guns

Adam

9 hours ago, Jason said:

I have a friend that works for a PD in the IE and he carries a Sig X5 legion with an RMR on it for his duty weapon. That gun shoots beautifully. Phenomenal trigger but a red dot optic just feels weird on a pistol to me so I would think a lot of range time would be necessary before carrying some thing like that. I have a Sig p365 as my CCW gun and really like it as I find it much more comfortable in my hand than a Glock. I’ve shot the Sig 226 and was impressed. Don’t forget that in California we have that stupid handgun roster so non peace officers are even limited further on what handgun option they have to buy. 

the 365 is my off duty. The baddest little habdgun ive ever owned. Comfortable, compact, perfect trigger, and accurate as all hell. Did you buy private party, i thought they were off roster?

I have the P320 carry, but havent switched over to it for work yet. Wont do the romeo site... theyre nice, but too "fancy" for me. I still prefer iron sites on my rifle, for example...

I also grabbed a glock 41.... gonna have to shoot it side by side with the P320..... glock my still surprise me on the run off vote...

28 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

the 365 is my off duty. The baddest little habdgun ive ever owned. Comfortable, compact, perfect trigger, and accurate as all hell. Did you buy private party, i thought they were off roster?

I have the P320 carry, but havent switched over to it for work yet. Wont do the romeo site... theyre nice, but too "fancy" for me. I still prefer iron sites on my rifle, for example...

I also grabbed a glock 41.... gonna have to shoot it side by side with the P320..... glock my still surprise me on the run off vote...

Yeah, I'm roster exempt so I purchased directly from an FFL. Sigs are just comfortable in the hand but the sub compacts are a bit snappier to shoot so range time is needed

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah, I'm roster exempt so I purchased directly from an FFL. Sigs are just comfortable in the hand but the sub compacts are a bit snappier to shoot so range time is needed

Ive had the regular for 2 years or so, and grabbed the XL a few months back, but havent shot it yet. Might take care of that a bit.

I'm not a huge gun guy, more archer, but I won an m&p shield 9mm in a raffle at a contractors breakfast.  It's a pretty popular carry gun, pretty slick.  Fun to shoot, when you can buy ammo, which is not now.

On the bear front, a friend of a guy i know from elk hunting got mauled by a big black bear that he was bowhunting.  It charged, he and his buddy both emptied their pistols.  One had a 40 cal, the other a 45.  Didnt stop the bear fast enough (they later found most of the rounds flattened between hide and skull), dude got his face ripped mostly off.  He lived, and now is a very firm believer in the effectiveness of bear spray.

someone mentioned earlier in this thread (and i've heard from a friend) that it's getting harder and harder to find guns to purchase. just for giggles i took a look at the glock website and when i entered info to find an authorized dealer, it didn't show anything. so where do you go to buy a gun these days? more a curiosity than anything else.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

someone mentioned earlier in this thread (and i've heard from a friend) that it's getting harder and harder to find guns to purchase. just for giggles i took a look at the glock website and when i entered info to find an authorized dealer, it didn't show anything. so where do you go to buy a gun these days? more a curiosity than anything else.

It’s not about where these days. There are plenty of places to buy a gun under normal circumstances. It’s just a straight supply and demand issue right now. Plenty of gun retailers out there, and plenty of gun buyers out there, just no guns.

Edit: I also imagine there are things available on the private/secondary market (probably at a premium), but I’m not really sure how that transaction process works in CA.

21 hours ago, Tank said:

Every dealer sells Glocks but they sell out very quickly when they do get them. I have three different dealers that I get them from. One in Hesperia, Colton and Redlands 

21 hours ago, Don said:

It’s not about where these days. There are plenty of places to buy a gun under normal circumstances. It’s just a straight supply and demand issue right now. Plenty of gun retailers out there, and plenty of gun buyers out there, just no guns.

Edit: I also imagine there are things available on the private/secondary market (probably at a premium), but I’m not really sure how that transaction process works in CA.

All private party transfers in California have to go through an FFL.

On 11/13/2020 at 7:18 PM, Keener said:

I'm not a huge gun guy, more archer, but I won an m&p shield 9mm in a raffle at a contractors breakfast.  It's a pretty popular carry gun, pretty slick.  Fun to shoot, when you can buy ammo, which is not now.

On the bear front, a friend of a guy i know from elk hunting got mauled by a big black bear that he was bowhunting.  It charged, he and his buddy both emptied their pistols.  One had a 40 cal, the other a 45.  Didnt stop the bear fast enough (they later found most of the rounds flattened between hide and skull), dude got his face ripped mostly off.  He lived, and now is a very firm believer in the effectiveness of bear spray.

I have a better option.

1 hour ago, Molly Jolly said:

what's an FFL?

Federal Firearms License. Basically someone/an entity legally allowed to sell guns to the public. Usually a gun retailer (i.e. your local Bass Pro or some smaller gun store). In some smaller communities out here, you’ll find other people that have them as well. For instance, a friend of mine from college owns a boat dealership in a pretty rural area, but he has a FFL just to help with transfers (they charge a fee, and there aren’t a ton of other places with a FFL within 75 miles).

Anyhow, the idea is that if you were to buy a weapon (say online) from a private individual, they would send that weapon to a FFL holder in your state, after which you could go to the FFL holder, fill out some paper work, pay a transfer fee, then take the weapon.

28 minutes ago, Don said:

Federal Firearms License. Basically someone/an entity legally allowed to sell guns to the public. Usually a gun retailer (i.e. your local Bass Pro or some smaller gun store). In some smaller communities out here, you’ll find other people that have them as well. For instance, a friend of mine from college owns a boat dealership in a pretty rural area, but he has a FFL just to help with transfers (they charge a fee, and there aren’t a ton of other places with a FFL within 75 miles).

Anyhow, the idea is that if you were to buy a weapon (say online) from a private individual, they would send that weapon to a FFL holder in your state, after which you could go to the FFL holder, fill out some paper work, pay a transfer fee, then take the weapon.

oh, okay. thanks for the explanation.

On 11/13/2020 at 7:18 PM, Keener said:

A few days before I saw this thread, I watched "The Edge" (where Anthony hopkins has to kill a bear). So then I watched the revenant afterwards.

So of course I nerded out, and started looking up bear guns.

You really do need heavy, heavy firepower. Dirty harry handgun, in calibre I have no idea exists (for sure not the normal stuff like 9mm, 40 cal). And rifle wise, an AR wont do it either.... 308 might even be light

So yes. Ive heard bear spray is legit.

Id still prefer a firearm, but it better be something designed for bears. Not people

On 11/13/2020 at 8:09 PM, Molly Jolly said:

You can still buy them. But usually theres a wait.

Second hand market is killing it right now. And likely will for awhile.

Was at a shop maybe 2 months ago, to grab a magazine pouch. Not a gun. There were people picking up their guns.... that they bought when covid first hit...

So maybe grab some bear spray