• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The USPS

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think it’s stupid that people think we need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to absentee voting. There’s already a system in place and it works just fine 

Except only 4 states are reinventing the wheel(by sending absentee ballots to all registered voters) , the rest are doing exactly what they have been doing in the past in regard to mail in voting

1 minute ago, tennischmp said:

So you are against something based on speculation of things that could happen even though there is no proof of it happening in past elections? 

Are you also against leaving the house when it's raining because you may be struck by lighting?

when has there been special drop boxes outside of polling places?  At least in LA, I've never heard or seen one.  I've always just went in, and handed the ballot to a polling place person and they put it in what I'm assuming is their other ballot box.

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

when has there been special drop boxes outside of polling places?  At least in LA, I've never heard or seen one.  I've always just went in, and handed the ballot to a polling place person and they put it in what I'm assuming is their other ballot box.

But what if there is a hole in the box that leads to a paper shredder?

7 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Don't know but in California but is a common practice in mail in voting states with very low reports of fraud

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2020/06/02/low-rates-of-fraud-in-vote-by-mail-states-show-the-benefits-outweigh-the-risks/

50 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You can drop them in your work mail delivery bin. A fucking public mailbox is a non starter for any argument about mail delivery. This isn't the 1800's. 

Can you defend the removal of the sorting machines?

5 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Don't know but in California but is a common practice in mail in voting states with very low reports of fraud

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2020/06/02/low-rates-of-fraud-in-vote-by-mail-states-show-the-benefits-outweigh-the-risks/

I think it's apples and oranges.  You specifically stated special drop boxes outside of polling places, not mail in balloting.  Mail in balloting has it's own major issues.  One of which is fraud, but the bigger one is ballots not being counted due to mail being lost, late, or not properly filled out. 

But I have problems with special drop boxes outside of polling places, because most of these polling places are temporary local establishments.  Some can be residential houses.  Special drop boxes outside of polling places should be secure receptacles similar to mailboxes that are locked, bolted to the ground, and not easily stolen/tampered with.  Again, cost wise, you aren't going to be able to do it in a majority of polling places.  

Of course the other option is to have a pollster outside taking mail in ballots.  I'd be fine with that, but that seems like an incredible waste of manpower.

16 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

07_18_ballotbox_web.jpgBallot-dropnbox.jpg-1x-1.jpg

Many other states already have these.

1 hour ago, tennischmp said:

Yes that should also be an option for people to do that, just as there should be an option for people who want to avoid face to face interactions and long lines to be able to drop theirs in ballot boxes or mail them in. 

Ok, lets see.

The Mailbox they received their mail in ballot from

The local Post Office

Any Postal Express like Fed Ex

Their work outbox

Their family or friends mailbox

Hey, Tennis, when was the last time you actually used a Postal Box? Was it necessary because you had none of the above listed ways to mail that letter?

53 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Ok, lets see.

The local Post Office

Their work outbox

Hey, Tennis, when was the last time you actually used a Postal Box? Was it necessary because you had none of the above listed ways to mail that letter?

If we’re talking about the same people that can’t figure out how to get an ID then maybe there’s an issue 

Edited by Jason

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Ok, lets see.

The local Post Office

Their work outbox

We are talking about a secure, convenient, way to mail something 24/7 correct? None of those you listed checks all those boxes. 

If @gotbeer is telling me I shouldn’t trust the blue bins with my ballot why the hell would I trust my grandma’s friend’s mailbox? 

And don’t get me started on my work outbox, if they happen to see I voted for Trump I would get fired on the spot.

1 hour ago, tennischmp said:

We are talking about a secure, convenient, way to mail something 24/7 correct? None of those you listed checks all those boxes. 

If @gotbeer is telling me I shouldn’t trust the blue bins with my ballot why the hell would I trust my grandma’s friend’s mailbox? 

And don’t get me started on my work outbox, if they happen to see I voted for Trump I would get fired on the spot.

You could probably make more money off your lawsuit 

2 hours ago, tennischmp said:

You have created a strawman argument. No one needs to mail something 24/7. Independent postal services are secure. Your work should be somewhat secure. Your mailbox at home should also be somewhat secure in that anyone attempting to steal votes would have to know what day it is you are sending the ballot.

Come on, your arguments are bullshit and you know it. There is no crisis here, nothing that makes the process of voting by mail any different than any other election year.