• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The USPS

On 8/15/2020 at 11:22 AM, tdawg87 said:

Lol @ anyone defending this horseshit.

It's not at all surprising, but still.

Yeah it's pretty obvious that Trump and DeJoy are trying to mess with the USPS before the election to gum up mail-in ballots as much as possible.

People all of a sudden caring about the fact that the Postal Service is running while being in debt has a weak argument to defend this. They've had this issue for a long time and should have been reformed along time ago, and anyone with a brain knows that its not a coincidence the timing of this happening right before the election. It's politics and Trump using the Executive powers of the Presidency to have an affect on the election. Trump knows what he's doing.

15 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

Yeah it's pretty obvious that Trump and DeJoy are trying to mess with the USPS before the election to gum up mail-in ballots as much as possible.

People all of a sudden caring about the fact that the Postal Service is running while being in debt has a weak argument to defend this. They've had this issue for a long time and should have been reformed along time ago, and anyone with a brain knows that its not a coincidence the timing of this happening right before the election. It's politics and Trump using the Executive powers of the Presidency to have an affect on the election. Trump knows what he's doing.

True and it’s just a stupid for them to be pushing this universal mail in ballot nonsense this year. Everything is stupid 

17 minutes ago, Spin Rate said:

Trying to make it as simple as possible for Americans to exercise one of their fundamental rights is stupid.

Universal mail in ballots is stupid. Letting people request their absentee ballot is sufficient. Why not just have internet voting. Even more simple for people to vote. There is no need to reinvent the wheel here.

I keep seeing that phrase.

I'm not sure if I support universal mail-in ballots, but I'm not entirely sure what the issue is. 

There's paranoia that people are gonna vote a million times and their cat is also going to vote. I'm pretty sure your vote doesn't count if you send in more than one, or aren't registered. It's also a felony so I don't think a ton of people are going to do that (don't bring up the riots).

I'm absolutely willing to listen to any ideas as to why universal mail-in ballots are bad.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I keep seeing that phrase.

I'm not sure if I support universal mail-in ballots, but I'm not entirely sure what the issue is. 

There's paranoia that people are gonna vote a million times and their cat is also going to vote. I'm pretty sure your vote doesn't count if you send in more than one, or aren't registered. It's also a felony so I don't think a ton of people are going to do that (don't bring up the riots).

I'm absolutely willing to listen to any ideas as to why universal mail-in ballots are bad.

Here is the thing.  There are three people that can vote in my household.  I am the only one that votes.  So I can just fill in their votes, have them sign it, and there are three votes for me.

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Here is the thing.  There are three people that can vote in my household.  I am the only one that votes.  So I can just fill in their votes, have them sign it, and there are three votes for me.

That's election fraud.

Are they registered voters?

I mean, that's a felony. This is where we won't ever see eye to eye because I don't think election fraud is a legitimate problem. Do people do exactly what you just described? Absolutely. Will they do it in 2020? Fuck yes. Will it impact the election? Not even close.

Are 5 million people going to commit election fraud in 2020?

44 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, that's a felony. This is where we won't ever see eye to eye because I don't think election fraud is a legitimate problem. Do people do exactly what you just described? Absolutely. Will they do it in 2020? Fuck yes. Will it impact the election? Not even close.

this is where you are wrong.  There are plenty of ballots/elections where a few hundred votes is the difference between something passing and being rejected, or person A being elected or person B.  It's not every ballot/election, but if something gets close and you find that ballots were stuffed or not counted, it's a problem.  Especially special elections, smaller contests, and even bigger elections where 2/3 of the vote is needed.

I'll post this again.  

Signed, Sealed, Undelivered: Thousands Of Mail-In Ballots Rejected For Tardiness

Susie Sonneborn of Montclair, N.J., says she tried to be extra-careful to make sure her ballot was postmarked on time when she voted in a mayoral race in May. But when she heard that more than 1,100 ballots — 9% of the total — had been rejected, she checked with the local election office and was shocked to discover that hers was one of them.

"It was just really disappointing and surprising that by following the instructions that are printed on the ballot, I was set up for failure," she says. Sonneborn insists that she didn't see anywhere that her ballot needed to be received within two days of the election to count, which was especially frustrating because the mayor's race was decided by only 195 votes. Residents held a rally outside town hall the day the new mayor was sworn in, calling for officials to "count every vote" in future elections.

Democrats and voter advocacy groups have filed suits in at least 10 states, challenging laws that require mail-in ballots to be received by or before Election Day. They're asking judges to allow ballots to be accepted as long as they are postmarked by Election Day, because of difficulties voters might encounter due to the pandemic and delayed mail delivery.

That seems fair to me.

The Republican Party and election integrity groups are fighting back. They argue that extending the deadline will undermine public confidence in the results, which could be delayed for weeks. They also insist, without evidence, that it will raise the potential for fraud — a position President Trump has taken repeatedly.

Ah. Of course. 

Speaking of mail:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-54221893

A package containing ricin poison that was addressed to US President Donald Trump has been intercepted before it reached the White House, officials told US media.

Fucking stupid. First off, do you think the president opens his own mail? Second, don't fucking do this. Ever. Fucking hell. 

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Whaty am I missing? If they sign the ballots doesn't that make them their votes?

2 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Whaty am I missing? If they sign the ballots doesn't that make them their votes?

Yes. He's saying that in some fantasy land where two people in your household become accomplices to voter fraud, they can just sign the ballots even though they don't care who wins.

Obviously this happens all the time.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

look at all the people pushing to remove trump from office. guaranteed there are people that will use the problems with this system to take advantage of it, especially after seeing how Hilary lost the election in '16 because she didn't win a few key states that she was expected to.

gotbeer also brought up that besides the presidential race, the ballot is filled primarily with local and state offices up for grabs, plus all of the propositions. these are things that are more likely to affect each of us than the presidency.

as I've stated, I still get election materials for the last occupant, who moved out over 7 years ago. it wouldn't take much for me to be dishonest and turn in a ballot for her if I chose to do so (which I would never do). still, the opportunity is there, and if someone with a burden to push a certain candidate or issue might be willing to take advantage of the opportunity.

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

look at all the people pushing to remove trump from office. guaranteed there are people that will use the problems with this system to take advantage of it, especially after seeing how Hilary lost the election in '16 because she didn't win a few key states that she was expected to.

gotbeer also brought up that besides the presidential race, the ballot is filled primarily with local and state offices up for grabs, plus all of the propositions. these are things that are more likely to affect each of us than the presidency.

as I've stated, I still get election materials for the last occupant, who moved out over 7 years ago. it wouldn't take much for me to be dishonest and turn in a ballot for her if I chose to do so (which I would never do). still, the opportunity is there, and if someone with a burden to push a certain candidate or issue might be willing to take advantage of the opportunity.

So the two national parties control all the money and even who can get on the ballot but this is where we want to draw the line with subverting the democracy?