• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fletch for Starting Shortstop

OttoDog

Shortstop is a critical defensive position. You don't mess around there unless forced to by injury or under performance. 

Not sure if Fletch has the range to be a great shortstop, but he has the hands and reflexes to be solid on the basic plays. Looks good at second on the pivot and ball handling but short requires more range and agility. Put him out there while Simmons is hurt and get a book on his defense. 

Longer term the possibilities are intriguing. Simmons may have two or three years left before more obvious decline sets in. But it looks like he is already turning into a liability on offense. A great glove man at short or second doesn't have to be a strong hitter, but Simmons will want to be paid for what he was, not what he is now.

Fletch is the best utility player in the game now. It will be interesting to see how Maddon chooses to maximize his talent. 

15 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

....A great glove man at short or second doesn't have to be a strong hitter, but Simmons will want to be paid for what he was, not what he is now....

I think what anybody will get paid this offseason is a big question mark, particularly if we can't complete the season....maybe the Betts deal is an indication that the money will still be there but I tend to think that may have been an outlier....Dodgers felt like they had to pay him after what they gave up...

No, we have to know if we have a future with Simba.  Until such time as that becomes obvious.. if it hasnt already, he needs to be the guy.
Moving forward with Fltcher is certainly an option, hes in the Eckstein mold, although i would prefer him at 2B but maybe our best answer is Fletch and Rengifo up the middle and invest elsewhere. 
Well see by seasons end. 

30 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

If you had lost,  would you have owed him a six of pumpkin spice beer?

You managed to somehow make that sound like it’s not an amazing experience to share with your best friend. I’m a little bit offended.