• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

Jessica Krug, the GW University professor who pretended to be Black, has resigned

A George Washington University professor who provoked outrage after admitting that she pretended to be Black has quit her job, school officials said Wednesday.

Jessica Krug, a 38-year-old African history professor at GWU, was pulled from teaching duties amid calls for her to step down after she admitted to lying about her race in a Medium blog post on Sept. 3.

Krug, who is actually White and Jewish, said she had over the course of her adult life, “assumed identities within a Blackness that I had no right to claim: first North African Blackness, then US rooted Blackness, then Caribbean rooted Bronx Blackness.”

“I am not a culture vulture. I am a culture leech,” she said.

GWU wrote on Twitter Wednesday that Krug has “resigned her position, effective immediately.”

“Her classes for this semester will be taught by other faculty members, and students in those courses will receive additional information this week.”

Krug’s resignation comes after the school announced last Friday that she will not be teaching in the fall semester.

Many of Krug’s colleagues said they were “shocked and appalled” by her having lied about her identity for her entire career.

“With what she has termed her ‘audaciously deceptive’ appropriation of an Afri-Caribbean identity, she has betrayed the trust of countless current and former students, fellow scholars of Africana Studies… as well as community activists in New York City and beyond,” they said in a joint statement.

The university has urged students who have been affected by the situation to seek assistance from the school’s resources.

“Please know that we are taking this situation seriously and are here to support our community,” the school said.

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

The photo you posted was of a fake Tweet. Does that matter?

I posted it because of the value of the message.  That it’s not from an actual relative is completely unfortunate, but the message of defending and supporting this thug by so many people while also ignoring the woman he victimized is even more egregious to me.

5 minutes ago, calscuf said:

When I was in high school there was a dude who went by the name Vinny Bombino.  Turned out his name was Craig Silverman and he wasn’t Italian, he was just Jewish.  I’ve never forgotten that.

Well Craig is a terrible name so I can't blame him for that. The only thing worse would be combining it with some long ass Greek last name.

2 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Thanks for sharing this. I've been wondering for days what Vinny from Twitter's take on this was.

vinny says thanks. said he's eager to meet up with you again for some pumpkin beer that some kind stranger left on his doorstep over the weekend.

The seven “comrades” — including wealthy Upper East Sider Clara Kraebber — had their mugshots tweeted out by the NYPD early Wednesday, days after their arrests for smashing storefront windows in the Flatiron District.

The seven “comrades” — including wealthy Upper East Sider Clara Kraebber — had their mugshots tweeted out by the NYPD early Wednesday, days after their arrests for smashing storefront windows in the Flatiron District.

The so-called revolutionaries who were busted for rioting at a New Afrikan Black Panther Party rally took a break from their yacht club lives and modeling careers to be a part of the mayhem.

Link

So privileged kids that are really confused.

Black Panther Party?

14 hours ago, Tank said:

I posted it because of the value of the message.  That it’s not from an actual relative is completely unfortunate, but the message of defending and supporting this thug by so many people while also ignoring the woman he victimized is even more egregious to me.

Tank, this is the dumbest form of mental gymnastics I've seen here in a while.

Just admit you posted something stupid and fake.

29 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Tank, this is the dumbest form of mental gymnastics I've seen here in a while.

Just admit you posted something stupid and fake.

Oh no you didn't.

This is some bullshit Tdawg. That's no mental gymnastics, it's common sense because the message is factual. The fact that the messenger is some sweaty LARPer is what you choose to grasp onto.

6 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Oh no you didn't.

This is some bullshit Tdawg. That's no mental gymnastics, it's common sense because the message is factual. The fact that the messenger is some sweaty LARPer is what you choose to grasp onto.

I wonder if Tdawg is not really an actual dog, but a human posting under that name.

If that’s true, should we all discredit any of his CONTENT as irrelevant nonsense?

23 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Oh no you didn't.

Well, you and the cons have chosen to grasp onto his criminal history rather than the fact he was shot in the back 7 times.

Bullshit, indeed.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Well, you and the cons have chosen to grasp onto his criminal history rather than the fact he was shot in the back 7 times.

Bullshit, indeed.

I mean if the guy was going for a knife on his floorboard then what do you expect?

I find it interesting that it seems more often than not these BLM martyrs turn out to actually be pieces of shit.

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

The so-called revolutionaries who were busted for rioting at a New Afrikan Black Panther Party rally took a break from their yacht club lives and modeling careers to be a part of the mayhem.

Link

So privileged kids that are really confused.

Black Panther Party?

2 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Also, nice pivot. Kamala Harris and others seem to think of him as a hero for some reason.

Well, if anyone thinks he's "a hero" then they're retarded. 

But he was shot in the back 7 times. That's not a "pivot". That's literally the reason you even know his name or his criminal record.