• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

7 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Same. Nobody wants to spend an extra 45 minutes getting to the desert or the river. Plus toys require land and unless you're in Nelly Gale you ain't finding much in south county. The Glamis/Havasu crowd mostly reside in Yorba Linda, Anaheim Hills, Orange, etc...

Can confirm. Grew up in Orange. Went to Glamis 5x a year, Parker 3x a year and Mexico 1x a year. 

Now I like in MV and I go to San Diego and Santa Barbara 

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

Just now, cals said:

I pay like $500/year.  Why anyone would care so much about an injury claim is beyond me.  I get these dipshits sitting in on depositions and writing keys to the defense attorneys and shit.  And I’m friends with a lot of these defense authorneys and they hate that shit.  And the dudes always look almost comically douchey.  Next time I get one on Zoom I’ll take some pics and share them.

I had a 1 hour hearing in PA yesterday at 6:30 and got the guy to admit he was lying in the 59th minute. It was great

7 minutes ago, cals said:

We have a 100 year old system in place.  It's not great but it's a system.  It's why you buy workers' comp insurance (which is very reasonable in cost unless you're running a tree trimming service or something). 

How far do you dig with potential clients to ensure they're not lying?

14 minutes ago, cals said:

Despite what you hear 99.9% of these people are not lying.

You might get some exaggeration here and there, but all out faked injuries? Very, very rare.

Most of these are good folks getting screwed by a broken system. 

I believe you.

16 minutes ago, cals said:

Despite what you hear 99.9% of these people are not lying.

You might get some exaggeration here and there, but all out faked injuries? Very, very rare.

Most of these are good folks getting screwed by a broken system. 

This is a fine story but I spent 5 years at Compex Legal Services as an account manager and State Fund was my largest WC account. I'd estimate that between 60-70% of the WC claimants in our system had previous WC files with at least 1, usually 3-6 additional employers. It's a system alright - for deadbeats and ambulance chasers who graduated from law school in Barstow and barely passed the bar. 

2 minutes ago, cals said:

Youi worked for a copy service?  I didn't know you were that pathetic.

And State Fund is like the Mets of workers' comp carriers.  

And here's a hint: injured workers with no previous cases don't have previous case records to subpoena. 

That's like coming to the AW politics board and judging America as a whole by it.

I'm sure I took calls from your office slut and told her that records weren't ready because of custodial delays at the hospital when in reality I just didn't want to send your office the records.

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

I think a guy that used to post here (not a whole lot) passed away from Covid. @Chuckster70 mentioned it last year. @RePLAYwas the username I think he went by. 

That's correct. So far that's all I know from here who has passed away from Covid. Super sad. The guy was in his early 40's, had a beautiful wife and 4 kids. 😞 

I know a bunch who have gotten Covid and thankfully survived. 🙏

22 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Just to answer that first part, I think when Chuck let us know about it, it was last year before the vaccine came out. If I remember correctly.

Yeah he passed back in June of 2020, so I'm not sure he was even eligible for the vax at that point being that he was in his early 40's.