• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are some other smaller trades/signings you would make?

Chuck

I would love to sign Cameron Maybin to platoon with Goodwin in RF and spell Upton defensively in LF. 

Both Maybin and Goodwin can also play CF if Trout needs a DH day too.

In addition to Maybin, I would really like to take a flier on Tajuan Walker. Have him compete with all the rest of the guys for a rotation spot.

What are some other deals you would make?

29 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I would love to sign Cameron Maybin to platoon with Goodwin in RF and spell Upton defensively in LF. 

Both Maybin and Goodwin can also play CF if Trout needs a DH day too.

In addition to Maybin, I would really like to take a flier on Tajuan Walker. Have him compete with all the rest of the guys for a rotation spot.

What are some other deals you would make?

How about Billy Hamilton in that role? Fantastic defense and the best PR in baseball. 

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Puig could be a lot of things.  That’s the problem.

I think playing under the watchful eye of Joe Maddon and with a mentor like Mike Trout, Puig could add a solid bat and replace Calhoun’s rocket arm in RF. Goodwin would be the best 4th outfielder in baseball. If Puig acts up, you send him packing.

I dont see much left in pitching aside from maybe Walker who i would be all in favor of.

Position wise, I like the idea of Maybin, but i wonder which one we get.  He seemed so indifferent when he was here, its like he needs the big name teams to really put in the work, but it would be a good combo with Goodwin.   

Puig for the right money on a 1 year with a monster chip on his shoulder with something to prove could return nice dividends short term and be a trade chip at the deadline

One other that might be interesting, is Hunter Pence.  Man can still hit, gets on base, plays all around the OF, if he could pick up a 1B glove as well that might be a very intriguing option.  At 37 i cant imagine needing more than a 1 yr.  Health and age of course an issue but in limited use could be productive. 

Puig would be awesome on a one year deal. Awesome trade piece if he does well and Adell comes up and rakes like he should. 

Walker would be a good addition for depth in the rotation. 

Zobrist would be a nice club house addition and someone who knows Maddon well which could help the team get to know him better. 

I don't know what the market for any of them are but maybe you could get all 3 of them for around 15 mil? That would be all nice buy low candidates. 

45 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Puig would be awesome on a one year deal. Awesome trade piece if he does well and Adell comes up and rakes like he should. 

Walker would be a good addition for depth in the rotation. 

Zobrist would be a nice club house addition and someone who knows Maddon well which could help the team get to know him better. 

I don't know what the market for any of them are but maybe you could get all 3 of them for around 15 mil? That would be all nice buy low candidates. 

i forgot about Zobrist... interesting idea.   Man can still hit and get on base and can play nearly anywhere on the field.
Not sexy but might not be terrible.