• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hypothetical question

Alright guys,

A day later, and this obviously still sucks. Cole is a phenom pitcher, a bonafide ace. Very little questions of health risk, not being able to perform in the playoffs, bad teammate or anything like that.

We, for years now, have not only lacked pitching, but more directly, actual FRONTLINE pitching. Someone you can bank on to beat anyone, any game. Its been years since we had a pitcher to play that role.

Now we're forced to either sign leftovers like Ryu, or to trade what little farm we have to simply hope we can get a decent front end pitcher. Its a mess. Cole would have filled that void while allowing us to still make trades, or sit back and wait out better deals.

Adding to this is our old nemesis, the yankee front office, and boras. Time and again, the combo of those two has seemingly robbed us of players who made way too much sense for us. The combo of the yankee mystique, the unlimited funds, etc. Just hard luck.

But I was thinking about it. Lets say, in theory, that this signing by new york isnt even about winning?

New York was amazing last year. Overcame all sorts of injuries to make it ONE game away from their first world series appearance in a decade. And the loss of that game made it the first decade without a ring for them in history, or something like that.

So what if the ghost of steinbrenner is back. And money is no object. And this move was more about revenge than winning.

Like how al davis ruined marcus allen's career with the raiders. Personal beef with the player, so you refuse to let him play somewhere else, and meanwhile, make him rot on your roster.

So my question is, if later this week at the Yankee presser, it turns out to be a revenge ambush on Cole, and this plays out in front of the cameras, would you feel better (assuming we get Rendon)?

(And Ryu)

DEXATI20191211164546.png

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

You know I love you, Scout, but no. I just don't see it. I appreciate the effort, though.

I know its not as good as getting him as our opening day starter. But it sounds like were getting rendon AND kluber...

We sign those 2, and Cole gets pincushioned by jay z, kelvim escobar and the big unit.... you wouldnt at least sort of feel like you just saw charlie brown christmas for the first time? 

I read an article that made sense, and that this was a long term strategy for the Yanks.  

Tanaka (30), Paxton (30) are FA's after 2020.  Happ (36) is a FA after 2021.  

The Cole signing assures that the Yanks have an ace for the foreseeable future.  So the old Steinbrenner is back, pay whatever it takes for the best of the best.

53 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I know its not as good as getting him as our opening day starter. But it sounds like were getting rendon AND kluber...

We sign those 2, and Cole gets pincushioned by jay z, kelvim escobar and the big unit.... you wouldnt at least sort of feel like you just saw charlie brown christmas for the first time? 

OK, sure. I have a feeling that Cole will become a bit of a villain for us, especially when the Angels face him in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Alright guys,

A day later, and this obviously still sucks. Cole is a phenom pitcher, a bonafide ace. Very little questions of health risk, not being able to perform in the playoffs, bad teammate or anything like that.

We, for years now, have not only lacked pitching, but more directly, actual FRONTLINE pitching. Someone you can bank on to beat anyone, any game. Its been years since we had a pitcher to play that role.

Now we're forced to either sign leftovers like Ryu, or to trade what little farm we have to simply hope we can get a decent front end pitcher. Its a mess. Cole would have filled that void while allowing us to still make trades, or sit back and wait out better deals.

Adding to this is our old nemesis, the yankee front office, and boras. Time and again, the combo of those two has seemingly robbed us of players who made way too much sense for us. The combo of the yankee mystique, the unlimited funds, etc. Just hard luck.

But I was thinking about it. Lets say, in theory, that this signing by new york isnt even about winning?

New York was amazing last year. Overcame all sorts of injuries to make it ONE game away from their first world series appearance in a decade. And the loss of that game made it the first decade without a ring for them in history, or something like that.

So what if the ghost of steinbrenner is back. And money is no object. And this move was more about revenge than winning.

Like how al davis ruined marcus allen's career with the raiders. Personal beef with the player, so you refuse to let him play somewhere else, and meanwhile, make him rot on your roster.

So my question is, if later this week at the Yankee presser, it turns out to be a revenge ambush on Cole, and this plays out in front of the cameras, would you feel better (assuming we get Rendon)?

(And Ryu)

DEXATI20191211164546.png

ice cream nom GIF

4 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

You don't sign a guy to a high-buck contract for nine years as a revenge tactic. Sorry, but that thought never popped into my head.

I wish that somebody would take revenge on me by offering me that much money.

To clarify guys, I was never serious about the revenge thing.

I just needed a backstory to make my gangbang meme work.

And none of you a holes appreciated it.

I even chose randy johnson over a current yankee, because hes ugly and called "the big unit", so if cole was going to be sodomized, i thought it would be funnier with him.

Next time you guys make the rape memes. And even if theyre funny, im only going to screenshot them and laugh, not leave a like.

49 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

To clarify guys, I was never serious about the revenge thing.

I just needed a backstory to make my gangbang meme work.

And none of you a holes appreciated it.

I even chose randy johnson over a current yankee, because hes ugly and called "the big unit", so if cole was going to be sodomized, i thought it would be funnier with him.

Next time you guys make the rape memes. And even if theyre funny, im only going to screenshot them and laugh, not leave a like.

Kudos for using gangbang, a holes, sodomized, and rape in one post.

Might as well add "big unit" in there.