• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kyle Hendricks

Dtwncbad

He won't be a salary dump, he will cost you full price.  I like him, but he is a #3.  Paying full price in prospects to bring on a #3 probably won't go over very well here.  When the Cubs want to unload money they are talking guys like Darvish and Kimbrel not Hendricks.  Now I have no idea what the trade would look like but my guess would be Marsh and Adams for him or possibly more.  

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

The only 2 people I would want out of Chicago are Bryant and Contreras. Otherwise, id rather use prospect capital for 2 years of Kluber.

my issues with Kluber instead of Darvish is Kluber was hurt last year and Cleveland doesn't have to dump salary so you are paying full price for a guy that is 34 and had a 5 ERA last year.  Darvish was dominant in the 2nd half and on a team looking to dump salary.

Just now, Stradling said:

my issues with Kluber instead of Darvish is Kluber was hurt last year and Cleveland doesn't have to dump salary so you are paying full price for a guy that is 34 and had a 5 ERA last year.  Darvish was dominant in the 2nd half and on a team looking to dump salary.

Any idea why Kluber stunk at the beginning of last year before getting hurt? 

10 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

The only 2 people I would want out of Chicago are Bryant and Contreras. Otherwise, id rather use prospect capital for 2 years of Kluber.

I can’t even imagine the contractS we’d need to eat in order to pry Contreras AND Bryant from Chicago without including Adell

1 minute ago, CanadianHalo said:

Yeah Kimbrel and Darvish are a given. We’d probably have to talk all 3. 

Still cheaper than Cole😑

But why trade for Bryant, when he isn't going to be cheap to acquire or to keep, plus there are other options that are free agents that have performed better?  Not to mention his grievance he has ongoing about whether he is a free agent at the end of 2020 or 2021, plus Boras. 

13 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The Cubs have no reason to let go their youngest/best pitcher with a team friendly contract. Hammels is gone, Chatwood and Lester only have one season left on their contracts. They need to field a full pitching staff, so Hendricks is going no where unless it's a gross over pay. 

I know.  Can you just let me rant a little to deal with this 24 hour period of disappointment?

Just now, Stradling said:

But why trade for Bryant, when he isn't going to be cheap to acquire or to keep, plus there are other options that are free agents that have performed better?  Not to mention his grievance he has ongoing about whether he is a free agent at the end of 2020 or 2021, plus Boras. 

The only thing that makes me hesitate with Rendon is that he is coming off of winning a World Series. I believe he’s said he only wants to play for X more amount of years. He’s a phenomenal hitter/defender and I believe he’s going to age like Turner. BUT sometimes after guys win what they’ve been chasing their whole lives there’s the potential to become complacent. 

My fear with Rendon is that he comes here and uses this place like many others have. A slow ride off into the sunset while making bank. 

Just now, CanadianHalo said:

The only thing that makes me hesitate with Rendon is that he is coming off of winning a World Series. I believe he’s said he only wants to play for X more amount of years. He’s a phenomenal hitter/defender and I believe he’s going to age like Turner. BUT sometimes after guys win what they’ve been chasing their whole lives there’s the potential to become complacent. 

My fear with Rendon is that he comes here and uses this place like many others have. A slow ride off into the sunset while making bank. 

Yea, I don't know anything about Rendon, but lets be honest, couldn't you say the same thing about Bryant since he has already won a title?

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea, I don't know anything about Rendon, but lets be honest, couldn't you say the same thing about Bryant since he has already won a title?

Yep you could. Maddon would know for sure though with him. 

It’s why I like Donaldson. That dude wants to win. So does Bumgarner despite having 3 WS’s already. Those two could potentially light quite the fire under the rest of this roster

10 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

So if a guy has already won a World Series he is viewed as a candidate to be a loaf instead of viewing him as having impressive postseason experience?

Wow, we are in the dumps.

No but it’s a concern with someone like Rendon for me. I know someone who once they won a Stanley cup and got their pay day they fell off the map. Obviously no one knows with Rendon I’m just saying it’s my one reservation with him. 

9 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

How about Berrios from the Twins?

why in the hell would the Twins trade Berrios?