• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More crazy trade ideas

TheUPSman

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I know.  I am just so disgusted with that kind of interjection of race when the goal should be to not even notice.

ok, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think business cater to their potential customers. I don't recall you being upset when there were comments about Ohtani most likely going to Seattle or L.A. because of the Asian fan base. 

42 minutes ago, Lou said:

ok, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think business cater to their potential customers. I don't recall you being upset when there were comments about Ohtani most likely going to Seattle or L.A. because of the Asian fan base. 

Right, because there are so many black baseball fans who follow baseball in Africa that could  finally get to see a stud player they know from Africa playing in a stadium near them.

Yeah, I see the exact parallel.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Right, because there are so many black baseball fans who follow baseball in Africa that could  finally get to see a stud player they know from Africa playing in a stadium near them.

Yeah, I see the exact parallel.

it's race-related. it shouldn't even be noticed. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

it's race-related. it shouldn't even be noticed. 

Sorry Lou, disagree.  Asian baseball fans getting to see a known baseball hero from Japanese baseball overseas (where there is so much national pride in that game comparing to the American game) come here to play well, closer to them for them to see against the American competition.  . . That is national pride and cultural.

A baseball executive in Detroit being interested in Adell because he is black for marketing to other blacks is.  .  . Well I shouldn’t even have to finish the point.  I hope you get it.   If not, oh well. 

18 minutes ago, Lou said:

my point was that if you say race shouldn't be noticed, it's an all-or-nothing thing.  you can't pick and choose which races it applies to.

Lou, cultural and national pride is ENTIRELY a different thing than race.

I would argue that Japanese Americans (who love and follow specific Japanese baseball stars)  being excited that a Japanese Star is coming to the US for an opportunity to show they are just as good (or better) AND the opportunity to go see them locally. . . 
that this is not racial.  It is national pride and cultural.

I can’t explain this more clearly.

I suppose if there is some freak Japanese guy that is literally exclusively race motivated by his interest in Ohtani, then shame on them.

I would compare the Asian interest in Ohtani being a beast in American baseball with an American in Spain being excited that an American could go to Spain and be a stud in European soccer.

No, it’s not the same as an executive for the Tigers wanting to sell Adell to his black fan base because he is black.

Honestly, I can’t even believe you don’t see the difference.

Edited by Dtwncbad